14

The day that would bind them together for a year had come. For the next 365 days, 12 months, 52 weeks they'd be called 'Husbands' on the paper. Anne wanted a lavish wedding, followed by a formal reception which was denied by the two men.

"I still can't believe you both refused the grand wedding I had planned", Anne huffed in annoyance looking at her son who was fixing his red tie. Harry just rolled his eyes at her without a reply.

On the other side of the Styles mansion, Zayn's best mates were dreading the idiotic contract they had put themselves into.

"I'm still warning you, Zed. This could end very bad for the both of you. What you're gonna do is not the best for anyone involved", Louis spoke concerned while fixing Zayn's hair with a gel.

"Stop being so paranoid, Lou. This is just a year's contract. I've told you all so many times", Zayn rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"And we have repeatedly warned you that a year can change everything. Please think again when you've time", Liam chimed in.

"Pass me the brooch, Lima", Zayn ignored his point as he was only doing this for his sisters and after a year is up, they'll be parting their ways. No worries, no hurt, no pain, no heartbreak like silly lovesick idiots.

"Then tell why you moved in to his place if this is just a wedding on papers?", Louis asked his best friend while he carried on putting the cufflinks.

"Just because his mom wanted. For the millionth time, stop coming up with these idiotic strategies because I don't want to hear anymore shxt from you both", Zayn warned in a rather calm tone and the couple knew better than to talk more on the topic.

💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛

As the doors of the church opened, Zayn and Harry looked at the long aisle decorated with white lillies and silk peonies, that would lead them to the altar where they would be lawfully wedded. They didn't want this hullabaloo, but not everything was in their hands.

They weren't like those happily in love couples who laughed, blushed and looked each other with love. They were just partners. Partners of a year long deal and they didn't look forward to stand hearing the boring lecture they would receive before commencing the ceremony. They rather looked bored off their minds and made their way to the altar. They should opposite to each other, while the pastor started the sermon.

"Can you please hurry up? We have an important meeting to attend in an hour? We need to get this done soon", Harry looked at the pastor, sternly with a commanding voice.

"What the hell, Harry? How could you even plan a meeting today? Are you literally out of your mind?", Anne's reprimanding voice echoed throughout the almost empty church.

"An emergency meeting, mother. It can't be rescheduled and we both have to attend it. Sorry, can't do anything about it", Harry explained nonchalant, while Zayn huffed in annoyance as he didn't want this drama.

"Can't believe you, bro", Gemma shook her head in disbelief. Harry ignored her and demanded the pastor to hurry up with the proceedings.

The pastor looked up helpless and finally gave in to the demands.

"Do you have vows of your own?", he questioned the men who just shook their heads disappointing everyone present. The pastor just sighed defeatedly.

"Do you Zayn Javadd Malik take Harry Edward Styles as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to be together till death do you apart?", he questioned looking at Zayn whose eyes moved towards his best friends.

Louis and Liam were shaking their heads slyly, asking him not to give in. Zayn closed his eyes, calming himself and sighing before opening his eyes again.