7

Zayn:

It's been more than a week since I started working in S&S, as the Junior Designer, with all the newbies under me. Though I was a fresher just like the others, the board of directors loved my work and decided to make me their lead.

I've made friends with all of them, which was weird even to myself but I didn't want to come across as some  authority. I wanted them to feel at ease with me and come to me when they need assistance.

My job basically was to divide the designing duties between my peers as per the requirement and description of our Design head, Ms. Kendall. I was directly under the command of her and the dixkhead of a boss. I hated to even talk to him for more than two seconds but I had to do it.

The incident with his sister was literally entertaining to watch. I felt so satisfied and happy to witness how she fired bullets at him. But sadly, not literally. She's still under the impression that I'm that jerk's husband and I didn't care how he's gonna be out of the mess.

The past week was literally a hell, as I was piled up with a lot of work with very little time to complete it. I tried to talk to him and explain that making new, artistically inspired designs takes a bit more time but he was stubborn on his point. I knew he was doing it deliberately and hence, we may or may not have had a few verbal arguments - which included lots of name calling. I understood that it was against the work ethics and he was my boss but I just couldn't stand him. We can't go more than five minutes before wanting to throw insults or punch each other. To be very honest, I don't regret it. He was worth every name I've called him.

"Hey, Zayn. Do you remember you have meeting with the boss in less than an hour, yeah?", Anthony asked me, as we all took our seats around a table to gather the last minute details that were to be discussed in the meeting. I just nodded in reply.

"Yeah, I just needed to go over the topics with y'all one last time", I said.

"Don't forget to discuss the medieval art themed designs for the next month's runway show. We can really do so much with that genre", Clara said excitedly as I took a notepad and noted it down, so that I wouldn't forget it.

"Yes. It's really a great thought and we can literally play around with those designs", I agreed.

"Get his consent, mate. We need it so desperately. You have the samples file, yeah?", Jax questioned patting my shoulder.

"Oh fuck. I don't remember where I kept it yesterday", I mumbled getting up from my chair, moving around frantically searching for the file. Everyone joined me in the search party and we were running around like worried chickens without heads.

"Are you sure you didn't leave it at home?", Gary hollered all the way from the other side if the room.

"He doesn't take office files to home, Gurney", Jax teased her while searching the cabinets.

"I don't even understand why the boss appointed you as the lead. You're just too irresponsible", Blair spoke up. She was always the jealous one since the first day because I got the lead position and she had to work under me.

"Because no one want an arrogant woman to be the leader, yeah", Anthony replied and I knew he would be rolling his eyes.

It's been more than thirty minutes and we have searched every nook and cranny of the office but we couldn't find the file.

"How can I be so irresponsible? I remember I left the file in the office yesterday since we have the meeting today", I face-palmed myself and looked at the clock to see it was ten minutes past eleven, which meant I was already ten minutes late to the meeting.