10

Harry:

We were called to the dining room as mom sat at the head of the table, Gemma on her left, Zayn and I on her right. She had literally prepared a feast.

"Wow, mom. You've prepared a damn feast. I'm lucky", I went to serve myself when I felt her flicking my hand away.

"Zayn is the guest today. Serve him first", she reprimanded as I frowned, but I did it.

"Thank you, Harreh", he replied as I loved the way he pronounced my name. It was the first time he called me by my name and it sent shivers through my body. I smiled a little before turning towards my plate.

"Tell us about yourself, Zayn", Gemma started the conversation.

"There's actually nothing much to say. I've two little sisters - Waliyah, who's thirteen and Safaa, who's ten. My parents died in a car accident when I was twenty. So, I am taking care of my little angels since then", he said as I felt hurt. I shouldn't have said what I said and I genuinely regret it now.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your parents, love", she said remorseful.

"It's okay. It's been long and we have learned to cope up with it", he said with a small smile.

"You have us now, Zayn. Don't hesitate to come to us. We're family now", my mom said as he nodded his head. She moved on. "So, Gemma tells me that you too work in S&S. How does it feel to work under your husband?", Mom questioned as I felt her words held double meaning. I cleared my throat as he smirked at me.

"No, mom. We decided to keep our personal and professional lives separate. None of our co-workers know about our wedding and we wanted to keep it that way", he said as I loved how he acted so naturally. Anyone who doesn't know him, wouldn't even doubt him.

"And we are very professional at work. So it helps I believe", I tried to add which only made me a laughing joke.

"Very professional. I definitely believe that baby bro", Gemma kidded as my mom snickered. "You should have seen them working, mom. So dedicated and hard biting. Oops! I mean, hardworking", she smirked as I felt my cheeks heat up and Zayn wiggling uncomfortably in his seat.

"Gemma, stop it", I chided.

"Zayn? How did you two meet, by the way? I know this guy is too boring to get out of his office", she asked moving her eyes towards him. He swallowed before answering.

"We actually met in a coffee shop, you know. He spilled my coffee, too rude to apologize but I think he was mesmerized by me because he kept stalking me for the next week. I noticed him but I really thought him to be a creep", he added all the undiscussed bits, making me confused. And creep? Really?

"Thanks for the compliment, babe. Didn't know I was this lucky", I played along.

"Too cliché but damn too cute", Gemma grinned at us.

"And when did you get married?", Mom questioned as I tensed up because we didn't discuss about it. He cleared his throat before answering it.

"We actually got married three months ago. A court marriage. No one actually know about us except my best friends", he lied smoothly, as my mom believed him right away.

"Oh God. Why a court marriage? Why are you both wearing different bands? No proper wedding rings?", she pried.

"Mom. We didn't want to tell anyone and wearing same wedding ring could be a evident thing that we're not just boss and employee. So, this was a good option", I explained trying to get out of the situation.

"The hell? This is fucked up, bro. I'd show him off every single day if I have such a gorgeous husband", Gemma spoke up making him blush.

"Thank you, Gem. But that's my husband you're talking about. What about Mathew? You're marrying him in a month, right? Stay away from mine", I said acting jealous.