23

"What's got you all hot and bothered, Maxwell?"
-
-
-

Cedric's eyes widen with excitement when those words leave my mouth.

He hops up from the bed and over to his bedside table where he finds a notepad. He rips off a sheet and quickly scribbles his name down.

He makes his way over to me and throws me over his shoulder, causing me to squeal from surprise.

"Cedric, put me down!"

"When are you going to learn that you saying that just makes me wanna carry you more?" he laughs as he exits the room.

I roll my eyes and start to trace shapes on his back.

We reach the bottom of the stairs and I can feel the stares from Hufflepuff's in the main room, but I'm unable to see who's staring from the angle I'm at.

After several minutes of walking, I'm assuming we've reached the auditorium because he starts to put me down.

Like usual, he holds me in front of his face for a minute before setting me all the way down.

His steel-gray eyes bore into mine, full of happiness and desire.

I pull his lips to mine gently for a second before I hop out of his arms and lead us towards the Goblet.

The auditorium is pretty empty, aside from the few couples all over each other in far corners of the room.

We reach the royal blue fire that lights up the room.

I look up at Cedric's face and see that his expression is one full of hope and ambition.

He takes a deep breath and tosses his paper into the flames.

"Thank you for supporting me," he whispers, his eyes full of sincerity.

"Of course," I smile.

"I just wish I was like that from the beginning," I sigh.

He tilts my face up so my brown eyes are locked with his silver ones.

"You only did what you thought would keep me safe. I would've done the same if you were the one entering," he assures me.

"Who said I'm not entering?" I tease, but I keep my face straight, and my voice serious.

"Don't even think about it," he threatens.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Or what?" I smirk.

He swiftly backs me into a wall and wraps my legs around his hips like earlier.

He crashes his lips onto mine aggressively and hungrily, trying to show his dominance over me.

We'll see about that.

I break off the kiss and move my lips down his jawline, down to his neck.

"Fuck," he breathes.

I smile against his neck as I continue to kiss him, not allowing him to be in control anymore.

I put my free hand on the back of his head and entangle my fingers with his hair, bringing him closer to me.

He pulls my face up so he can connect his lips with mine once again.

He trails his lips down to my neck and kisses me aggressively, trying to devour me.

We're lost in our own world for a bit before we're interrupted by a sixth year Ravenclaw, Ashleigh Hannon.