43

I don't know the right words for how we look, except for ethereal.

Hermione comes over next to me and inspects the three dresses I've picked out.

"Definitely this one. Cedric will die when he sees you in it." She chuckles, holding up the sheer black lace dress.

I nod and hang back up the other two, heading over to the dressing room to try it on.

I strip down and pull on the gown, my eyes immediately filling with awe from the elegance of the dress.

It fits perfectly, and the bottom of the dress hangs just above the ground so I won't trip over it while dancing.

I do a quick twirl, admiring the flare of the lace when spinning.

This was definitely the right choice.

I step out of the dressing room, and the three girls turn to me.

"Oh my merlin that's beautiful!" Ginny gushes, running over to me.

"You look stunning Bella." Luna smiles.

Hermione comes up to me and dusts off my shoulders, inspecting the dress up and down.

"Like I said before, Cedric is going to be drooling over you."

I smile and thank them, before heading back into the dressing room and pulling the gown off.

Hermione, Luna, and Ginny try on their dresses, and of course each of them look absolutely gorgeous.

Luna has picked out a periwinkle dress, Ginny a dusty rose one, and Hermione a navy blue dress.

A/N: Scroll to the bottom to see all the dresses.

We all finish up paying and head out of the store with our dresses.

"Okay, now here's the hard part. The unspoken rules of the dance are that no one is allowed to see their date the day of, so we all need to avoid our boys as much as possible." Ginny explains.

"I saw Cedric this morning though, so I've already broken the rules. No use following them now." I shrug innocently.

Hermione rolls her eyes and nudges me.

"Doesn't matter. He can't see you until tonight, so just deal with it. You guys can go a day without seeing each other."

Luna seems completely unbothered by this, as she still has her usual faraway look in her eyes, and soft smile on her face.

"Who's your date Luna?" I ask, nudging her playfully.

A small blush creeps up on her face, and she starts to hum to herself.

"Neville asked me to the dance. Isn't that so nice of him? I've never been asked to a dance before."

After that sentence, she starts to skip ahead, completely lost in her own fantasies and day dreams.

"What about you two? Ron and Harry I'm assuming?"

They nod, but a small scowl makes its way onto Hermione's face.

"What is it?" I ask suspiciously.

"Just the same old Ron being Ron. I practically had to pry it out of him to ask me. He assumed just because we're talking we automatically go together." She huffs.