16

"I am not yours, Diggory"
-
-
-

When I get to the Herbology greenhouse, Malfoy is standing between Crabbe and Goyle at the big table where we're supposed to gather around.

So much for hanging out in this period.

He sees me enter and stares me down with the most evil gaze I've seen from him in a while.

I don't understand what I did to upset him this much.

I see, standing by herself at the end of the table, is Luna, reading a copy of her dad's magazine, The Quibbler.

I make my way over to her and she greets me with a soft smile.

"Hello Bella, I'm glad we have this class together, I was getting worried that we didn't have any since I hadn't seen you in any of my other classes,"

"Me too, Luna. If you weren't in this class, I'd most likely be standing alone since Malfoy's mad at me for God knows what reason," I scoff.

She stares into space absentmindedly, I'm not quite sure if she heard what I said.

The nice thing about Luna is that her presence is always very comfortable. We're able to stand together in silence and it's anything but awkward, and when we talk, it always flows smoothly and it never feels like we're trying to make small talk, we just talk about anything and everything.

I look up and see that Draco's still glaring at me from a few yards away.

This is honestly just fan behavior at this point.

"Hey Malfoy, take a picture, it'll last longer," I shout across the table at him with a smug look on my face.

People chuckle from all around me and he rolls his eyes getting back to his project.

I pick up my bowl of seaweed and examine it.

Today we're supposed to be creating gillyweed using seaweed and a mixture we have to brew. Wouldn't it just be so much easier to get some from a lake or something?

I look over at Luna and she's still off in her own world.

"Luna, do you know how to do this?" I whisper to her.

"I'm sure my father told me once, but I don't quite remember," she smiles.

I roll my eyes.

Very helpful.

"Don't worry though, I'm sure the Nargles will take care of it for us. They can be quite charming at times," she says in her soft sing-song voice.

"Thanks, Luna," I smile.

Right about now is when I really need Draco. He's always been great in school, despite what people may think.

Damn, could he just hurry up and get that stick out of his ass already so we can go back to being normal again?

Class finally ends, and I'm exhausted from the long day. The first day always feels the longest.

I see Blaise waiting outside the room for Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle, but they're staying back for an hour because they got into some trouble with Professor Sprout.

"Hey, Zabini," I smile as I approach him.

"Hey Bella! What's up?"

"Oh nothing much, but I do reckon you're going to be standing here for a while. They got in some trouble during class so they have to stay behind to clean up," I shrug.

"And you weren't a part of that trouble for once?" He asks suspiciously.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm glad you think so highly of me. But no, Draco's giving me the silent treatment so I sat with Luna today,"