24

I see, with hurt and betrayal pouring from his eyes, is Cedric standing in the doorway looking at me.
-
-
-

I make my way out of the Great Hall and wait by the exit for Cedric, like usual.

He approaches me and snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me into him where he kisses the top of my head.

I let out a big yawn and put a fake tired look on my face.

"I think I'm gonna turn in early tonight, cool? I'm pretty tired," I avoid eye contact while I say that. I wouldn't be able to lie to him while looking in his eyes.

He chuckles and turns me so I'm facing him.

"Maxwell, has anyone told you how terrible of a liar you are?" He questions with an eyebrow raised.

I roll my eyes.

"I am not,"

"Are too. Where are you really going?" He asks curiously.

"I may or may not be going to the Weasley's game night," I mumble.

He laughs.

"So what? Why would you lie about that? I don't care, go have fun!" He assures me.

I think through that. I could just go and not tell him what game we're playing, but I don't like keeping things from him.

Whatever. If he doesn't want me to go, I'll just go anyways.

"Cedric, it's spin the bottle," I say apprehensively.

His eyes turn from a warm and happy silver, to a bone chattering steel, and his mouth presses into a hard line.

"You're not going to that," he says coldly.

I scoff.

"And why shouldn't I?"

He thinks for a moment, unable to come up with a genuine reason for not allowing me to go.

"You just can't. I won't allow you to," he finally says, irritation pouring through every word, and tightening his grip on my wrist slightly.

My face heats up in anger, and I look in his eyes with fire in mine.

"I will go, because you don't fucking own me Cedric," I spit, turning around, and heading to the Gryffindor Common Room with my blood boiling.

If he didn't want me to go, then he should've made it official when he had the chance. As long as I'm single, I can do whatever the hell I want.

When I arrive, around ten students are already sitting in a circle by the fire, including the twins, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Ginny, Katie Bell, and Angelina Johnson.

I walk over and take a seat by Ron, who's staring daggers at his brothers. I'm assuming they forced him to play, as he rarely likes to come to these more romantic type games.

"Loosen up Ron, it's not all that bad," I whisper to him.

"Stupid gits made me come to this. They don't understand that I'm not interested in snogging anybody," he spits.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Anybody except Granger," I smirk.

His face goes bright pink, and he starts to stutter.

"What are you talking about? n-no I d-don't. I don't like Hermione, th-that's crazy,"

I roll my eyes.

"As if it wasn't already obvious enough, the way you two were fighting after I brought it up in The Three Broomsticks practically confirmed it," I laugh.