9

I swiftly spin around and meet the confident gray eyes of Cedric Diggory
-
-
-

I take in the view in front of me. There are four dining tables, each the length of the room, spaced out evenly. Each table is covered with dishes I'm assuming hold our dinner, but they have tin lids on them so I can't tell what food they hold. There are banners of each house logo hanging above each table, signaling where your house is supposed to sit. The ceiling portrays a starry night sky with a full moon. Candles float in the air high up, lighting the room the perfect amount so it's not too dark, but it still gives off a beautiful castle-like aesthetic. At the very end of the room, farthest from where we're standing, is another long table, perpendicular to each house table, where I see my favorite teachers from the series sitting down, patiently waiting for us.

"C'mon Max, let's go sit I'm starving," Draco says as he pulls me towards our table.

We sit at the seats closest to the teachers. At the teacher's table, there are Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall, Professor Lupin, Professor Flitwick, Professor Trelawney, Hagrid, Professor Sprout, and Professor Dumbledore.

"What's the deal with the new students and the ministry forgetting to send them their letters? I've never heard of such a thing. I'll bet they're all mudbloods and the ministry had never heard of their stupid muggle parents, so they forgot to send them letters," Draco sneers.

"Honestly, Draco, why are you so obsessed with muggle-borns? It's all you ever talk about. Are you sure you don't wish you were one?" I joke.

"Not funny, Maxwell,"

Suddenly, a piece of paper folded into a bird shape lands on my plate right in front of me.

I open it.

ωє вєт уσυ тєη gαℓℓєσηѕ тнαт αƒтєя ∂υмвℓє∂σяє'ѕ ѕρєє¢н, уσυ ωση'т ѕтαη∂ υρ ιη ƒяσηт σƒ тнє єηтιяє gяєαт нαℓℓ αη∂ мαкє α ѕρєє¢н σƒ уσυя σωη ση тнє ѕρσт. ραѕѕ υρ тнιѕ вєт, αη∂ уσυ мιgнт נυѕт ωαкє υρ тσмσяяσω ωιтн ℓєѕѕ нαιя, σя ριмρℓє'ѕ ¢σνєяιηg уσυя ƒα¢є. ¢нσσѕє ωιѕєℓу ;)

It takes me a minute to decipher the awful handwriting, but once I do, I look up and see Fred and George staring at me from their table, with huge smirks across their faces. This must be their way of getting back at me for pulling them into the water.

Sneaky bastards.

"What is that?" Draco asks.

I pass him the note.

"Stupid Weasley's. Do you want me to go give them a piece of my mind for you?"

"No offense, Draco, but you're probably one of the least intimidating people in this room. Besides, two can play at this game," I reply.

Dumbledore makes his way over to the podium, where he taps his glass with a knife three times. The entire room goes silent.

"Welcome students! I trust that you all have heard from at least one Professor that we have some new students joining us this year. I would like to get them sorted into their houses before we start the feast so, without further ado, let us welcome our new classmates to Hogwarts,"

The doors to the entrance of the Great Hall swing open, revealing a group of around fifty students who make their way into the hall.

They gather by the podium and wait to be called.

The people I can see from where I'm sitting I don't recognize. I'm assuming they're all probably just extras from the movies. I don't even recognize most of their names when they're called.