𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟶: 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚘 𝚆𝚎 𝙶𝚘 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎

~Arielle P.O.V.//"All This Time"-One Republic~

I peer out a window of the hellicarrier, the same window where Bruce and I had our first heart to heart when I started this job last year. Almost one year ago. Wow, what a year it's been. So much can happen in just one year.

I look out into the darkness of the night sky, the darkness of the inside of this hellicarrier hallway swallows me yet somehow brings me some peace. I dive deep into thought, pondering what these next 5-6 months will be like. Almost 4 months, the doctor said. I place my hands on my stomach, noticing the bump for what feels like the first time. Had I really been so wrapped up in everything I hadn't noticed my slight weight gain? The hard bump in my stomach? The stars illuminate my skin ever-so slightly, the only light shining through the window. I take a deep breath.

"What are we gonna do..." I whisper.

I'm terrified.

I think about Bruce. I know this is something he never wanted because of his DNA, because of the Hulk. He never wanted to pass it on, or put a child at risk by simply being around him whether they carried the radioactive DNA or not. He never wanted this. How am I supposed to tell him?

I take another deep breath, and let out another long sigh. How many times am I going to have to do that until I feel okay?

"Hey new girl." Tony says from behind me. I gasp, pulling my hands away from my stomach quicker than I thought was humanly possible. I turn to face him as he walks up to me, his hands in his pockets.

"You okay?" He asks.

I roll my eyes, "When is everyone going to stop asking me that?" I turn away from him, looking out the window again, gazing out at the night sky. I cross my arms tightly. I yawn, covering my mouth with my hand. He stands beside me, crossing his arms now as he looks over at me. I feel his eyes heavy on me, and he pauses for only a short moment as he takes a breath.

"Probably when you stop lying about your answer."

I hold my breath.

"Tony—." I start but he interrupts me.

"Look—whatever it is, you don't even have to tell me. It's none of my business. But, as your friend and your damn co-worker, I do care about you and it's extremely obvious that something's going on and you aren't talking about it with anyone. Not even Nat. I asked." He admits.

I laugh slightly under my breath, "If Nat knew, she definitely wouldn't tell you what it was especially if you asked." I chuckle.

"She would if Bruce and I came to her with genuine concern." His tone lifts as if he's spilling some surprising information to me.

I raise a brow, "What did you say?"

"Well, after your fight with Bruce earlier today, he went to Nat for advice. I...just so happened to stumble into the room as she was ripping him a new one about the way he's been going about dealing with you."

"Dealing with me?" I furrow my brows in agitation.

"You know what I meant. She was chewing him out in your honor, as always. She loves you, as do I." Tony looks away from me now, and I turn to look at him in surprise. Tony? Sharing his emotions? Expressing his feelings? Whaaaat? I pause with curiosity as I'm amused to see where he's taking this. It appears that he feels my eyes on him now as he looks at me.

"Yes, Anson I have emotions and I care about you. Shocking I know." He says sarcastically, laughing ever-so-slightly under his breath. "But, so does Bruce. And the guilt...it's eating away at him. And I know what he did hurt you. And I know he didn't go about it in the right way. I mean, he never does. But, as his friend as well, there is something I need to say." He turns his entire body to face me now.