𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼: 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔

It was the next day—and despite our strongest efforts to hide this little experiment conducted by mainly Bruce and Tony, Director Fury found out about our whereabouts quite easily. He wasn't upset about it, but he claimed he'd rather us do something like that on base. He has no faith in Tony's safety measures, and he's terrified of what might happen if Bruce got loose.

Since the incident yesterday, Bruce has been rather quiet. Late last night while the two of us laid together in one of Tony's guest bedrooms, he explained to me that he's scared. Scared of the intense bond we have, and the deep feelings he's come to have for me. I sensed him fighting his feelings a bit. And after listening to this, it made me feel a bit scared as well. I hadn't realized just how deep we were getting until I held him in my arms yesterday. I felt that bond we've come to share. If anything ever happened to him...if I ever lose him, I don't know what I'll do. It's like...I've come to this realization that I...love him? I think? I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet, but that's the best way to describe it. So does that mean that's what this is? Tony's words after watching the two of us interact...he called it love. And that hit me hard. Because I think he may be right.

I sit on the couch while Bruce looks through all of his brainwave results and information on Tony's desktop computer. All of these thoughts race through my head and I'm distracted in them—completely unpresent now.

I stare off into space, lost in thought until suddenly I'm jolted by the loud noise of Tony's cell phone ringing. I jump, gasping as I look over at him—he quickly pulls it from his pocket, holding it to his ear as he answers.

Bruce looks over at me, narrowing his eyes with worry. "Are you okay?" He whispers, his eyes staring into mine with concern. I quickly nod, the thoughts leaving me with ease. I don't really have time to worry about this right now, do I?

"And you're sure?" Tony says over the phone, holding it close to his face as he almost tries to hide the speaker away from me just in case I hear what's being conversed about. His face is full of concern, and he raises his brows. Within that concern, is also some excitement. He takes a deep breath, his chest expanding as he hangs up his phone—shoving it down into his pocket.

"Well, kids." Tony starts, Bruce and I look over at him—giving him questionable expressions.

"Seems that we've got a lead. Fury wants us there ASAP. All of us." Tony says, an excited smirk spreading across his lips as his eyes turn toward me.

Me? Really? Fury wants me on the field? With the Avengers?

Holy hell. This is going to be fucking awesome.

I quickly stand up from the couch, my eyes widening with surprise and excitement. "Really?" I ask, the excitement very clear in my voice. Tony nods, smiling even wider as he looks over at Bruce. Bruce presses his lips together, slowly beginning to smile as he realizes I'll be fighting alongside them.

"It's your time to shine, Agent." Bruce says, grinning as he gives me a pleased and perhaps proud nod. He walks over to me as Tony rushes to put on his suit.

"You ready for this?" Bruce asks. "It's a bit personal with Loki involved. I just want you to remember—you say jump, I jump." He continues, letting me know he's prepared to do whatever it is I may need. I nod, taking a deep breath as he leans in—planting a sweet kiss on my cheek. "Thank you." I say softly.

[[3 hours later/8:00PM]]

Our entire team stands around each other in silence, waiting impatiently on the helicopter that had flown us hours away to a large woodsy area located in Ecuador, called the Tandayapa Cloud Forest. Apparently Loki and Viola were spotted with some kind of camp set up there, and S.H.I.E.L.D. decided this was a good time to narrow in and make a major move.