𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶: 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚍

I walk into the large room, my lab coat sways back and forth as I enter

I walk into the large room, my lab coat sways back and forth as I enter. The door hisses closed behind me, and I slap on some blue lab gloves that had been prepared in my pocket. They smack my skin, pinching me ever so slightly. Steve catches glance of me, and quickly hands me a clipboard with up-to-date information; what we've learned so far. I grab it from him, giving him a quick smile before I get started to reading.

"You were right, according to Tony and Bruce. Grant is a different strain, a different effect—you could say—of gamma radiation experimentation gone wrong. Bruce will fill you in on the...specifics that I don't really understand. They're studying his DNA right now, I know his cells are rapidly changing, evolving. It means something a bit alarming but I'm sure they'd be able to explain it much better than I." Steve admits. I sigh, nodding nervously. I look up at his worried face, trying to read him. His eyes stay steadily on the clipboard until he feels my eyes on him.

"Sounds...horrible. Thank you." I nod.

He nods, "You feeling any better?" He's referencing my wounds I assume as he looks me over.

"Much better." I smile. "But I'll be even better than that once this is all over." I sigh.

Steve nods in agreement, moving past me as he makes his way toward Natasha. I peer down at the clipboard once more, walking over to Tony and Bruce, who seem rather invested in studying whatever they're looking at through a microscope. Fury moved most of our lab equipment into the enormous storage area—right where Grant's cell is located. SHIELD has incorporated a few new advancements when it comes to Grant's containment, of course. But it didn't help his creepy staring as he watches us study him. He loves the attention. And he's damn good at talking—a lot; he loves to create tension, and arguments. Having him here while we work isn't the best idea, to me, at least. I'm sure Bruce and the rest of the team feel the same way.

"Ah—look who it is." Grant raises his voice loud enough for me to hear as he realizes I've entered the room. I swallow thickly, trying my best to ignore him. Tony reaches to the stereo that was originally playing light music, and he turns the knob a little higher—increasing the volume in an effort to drown out Grant's voice.

Bruce notices me, and pulls away from the microscope. "Oh, you're gonna love this." He says sarcastically. He chuckles, shaking his head as he moves toward me.

 He chuckles, shaking his head as he moves toward me