𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶: 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜

I scream in agony, crying so hard that I can't breathe as I hold Hannah in my arms. Blood runs down my forehead and I wipe it away, my hands covered in thick blood. I'm not sure if it's mine or hers. Or the plethora of people on this ship's blood. There are bodies everywhere.

 There are bodies everywhere

"Dammit." I hear Tony say as the Ironman suit builds around his body. He stands in front of me, looking down at Hannah in my arms. He crouches down in front of me, placing his hand over Hannah's eyes--closing them softly. He's silent for a moment, all that's heard is the wreckage around us, along with my cries.

"Ari, we've got to get out of here. Okay? We need to help the rest of these people." He says to me calmly, his tone delicate and careful. I sniffle, nodding. "I know, I--I know, but Tony, this is my fault." I cry out. Tony's eyes begin to water, and he shakes his head in disagreement. "No it's not, hun. You know that." He tries to reassure me.

"I need backup. Now." Tony says over his intercom.

Grant returns, grabbing Tony and shoving him out of the way. Tony grunts as he hits the ground for a moment. Grant looks at me intently, and I know he's coming for me. His face is filled with anger.

He grabs onto me, holding me up by my throat

He grabs onto me, holding me up by my throat. My hands instantly go to his, trying to get him off of me--but he's too strong. His strength is heightened; superhuman like, like Steve. I can't breathe, my airways closing tighter and tighter as his hands clench my throat with a force I can't beat. The Hulk grabs onto him, ripping him away form me. I fall to the ground, hulk sending Grant into one of the broken walls. I quickly get back up, coughing as I hold onto my throat. His grip was so tight. Grant immediately gets back up, rising from the rubble. His face is now covered in blood. Hulk guards me, more people screaming and jumping off the boat and into the water.

 Hulk guards me, more people screaming and jumping off the boat and into the water

"Yes, perfect. The angry man, the ironman, and the broken woman all in one spot." Grant says breathlessly as he tries to readjust himself, recovering from the throw. "Why are you doing this?" I question, shaking my head as my tearful eyes fill with confusion.

"Choas, sweetheart. The Avengers crumble in the midst of chaos."

"How stupid are you? Stopping chaos is our job." Tony argues.

"Right. And you've done a real good job at that, haven't you?" Grant smirks.

I feel my blood boiling hotter than ever, "You'll lose." I spit.

"I've already won." He says before Hulk grabs onto him again, Grant fighting against his wrath this time. Tony joins in, all three of them beginning to fight each other--Tony and Hulk against Grant. I look up in the sky as I hear helicopter sounds in the distance. The "A" for Avengers letter plastered on the side.

Thank God.

Bruce as the hulk roars, Tony shooting his blasts. The helicopter hovers over us and Steve comes down the long, black rope first. He lands right in front of me, "You dated this douchebag?" He questions, looking me over as he immediately notices my wounds. "Are you okay?" He asks me, eyeing my forehead. "I'm fine." I sniffle. "I need you to get her body out of here. Please." I say with tears in my eyes as I motion towards Hannah's lifeless body. I notice Jay's body sprawled out near one of the areas on fire. Steve looks over at her, frowning as he realizes. "Ari, I'm--I'm so--." I interrupt him, "Don't--it's fine. I'll be fine. I just need you to get her out of here." I cry, holding a hand over my mouth as I look over at her. I feel my dirty, bloody hands shaking. He slowly begins to nod, "Okay. I will." He places a hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze before he quickly leans in to hug me. I want to let everything out in this moment. All of the emotion, all of the grief, the anger. But I can't yet. Steve lets go of me, walking past me to reach Hannah.

He grabs her body, holding her in his arms carefully.

I turn, facing the treachery ahead of me. Nat lowers to the boat, along with Thor and Clint. Everyone is ready to fight.

Grant lets out a creepy yell, as if he's shouting a battle cry. He's losing it. He's lost it. More than he ever has before. Hulk beats him in the face, and a loud snap is heard on his jaw area. Grant falls to the ground, yelping in slight pain as his hands rush to his bloody jaw. He snaps it back into place.

What the fuck.

My eyes widen as I watch him, but my expression quickly turns to rage as I begin to process everything he has done

My eyes widen as I watch him, but my expression quickly turns to rage as I begin to process everything he has done. I begin to run towards him, ready to at least try to kick his superhuman ass.

"Arielle, wait!" I hear Tony yelling from above me.

*BOOM*

I feel myself flying into the air, just before smacking onto the ocean water--I go under. My ears begin to ring again. I feel myself sinking deep into the dark water, my dress heavy on me. I swim upward, pushing myself as hard as I can up to the surface.

My head finally shoots out of the water and I gasp for air, looking around at a completely collapsed boat

My head finally shoots out of the water and I gasp for air, looking around at a completely collapsed boat. People are floating, swimming in the water just as I am--people screaming, trying to stay afloat and away from the flames. "Guys?" I call out, coughing and choking on water and smoke.

I notice Steve and Nat shooting down ropes to get people to climb up onto the planes. Steve grabs Grant, pulling him into the air and away from the boat--the both of them thrashing around. I suddenly feel large hands around me, grabbing me tightly and pulling me out of the water.

Hulk.

He pulls me away from the scene.