𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚘 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

~Arielle P.O.V./"Anchor" -Novo Amor~

After training with Steve, I was starving. He kicked my ass, pretty damn good, as one would expect. During our training session, he hit me pretty hard on the side of my waist. On impact I knew it was going to bruise pretty badly. He knew he hit me hard, and he questioned if I was okay, but that's all part of it isn't it? I'll be getting hit much worse than that once I'm out in the field where people (and aliens) are trying to literally kill me. So of course, in order to maintain my bad bitch energy, I told him I was fine—I partly was and partly wasn't. But that wasn't the end of the world.

I'll live.

I feel my stomach growling and I decide I should go to the cafeteria and get some food. I've hardly eaten all day. Hours and hours with Tony and Bruce in the lab, training with Captain Rogers. I'm all sweaty and exhausted. I need food. I'm even getting a bit hangry. Maybe I'll turn into the hulk, like Bruce.

Maybe that wasn't funny. I'll never say that out loud. But I laugh to myself.

I wrap a towel around my neck to wipe some sweat before leaving the gym, and I tiredly walk down the hall and head to my room for a quick shower. I put on a my long-sleeved maroon shirt and a pair of black leggings and I head toward the cafeteria, wet shower hair and all. As I'm making my way there, my brain starts feeding me flashbacks of the punches I was throwing earlier. With every single punch I see the flashes of that day in New York, like lightning. The day Loki came down to wreak havoc, and destruction. He wanted to conquer, rule us. I see my parents dying—I hear the snapping of my mother's neck, my bloody hands. It's as if I'm reliving it all over again. It feels like PTSD.

I tense up as I try and snap myself out of it, taking a deep breath as I blink a few times. I quickly press the down button, stepping into the large elevator. It's dark out now, which means all the dimmer lights are on and all you can see out the windows is just black—along with some stars of course. I try to think about something else to get my mind off the flashbacks. That day changed everything for me. It's why I'm here today—doing this job. I hate reliving it. I hate thinking about it. I want to be stronger than it. I want to move on.

The elevator pings as the door opens and I arrive at the bottom floor. It's quiet. I look down at my watch, reading 11:00pm. It's pretty late. A lot of the people who work on this ship go to bed at a decent hour—everyone takes different shifts. No one is going to be in the cafeteria except for the night owls, and there aren't too many of those.

I step out into the hallway, and make my way down until I reach the large cafeteria. Some of the lights are off and there's not one other soul down here—which is fine. I like being alone...sometimes.

I walk over to the buffet and grab myself a tray. I walk down the aisle, grabbing myself an apple, a turkey sandwich, a bag of potato chips and a bottled water. Basic. I peer over at the coffee station. I might be up all night long with the rest of this research—should I get myself a coffee? Deep down I hear a voice telling me I really don't need that caffeine, but my brain is telling me hell yes, you deserve an iced. latte. So I decide to go and get one. I cram it onto my tray as well.

After I get all of my food, I get back on the elevator and head back up to the second floor. When the door opens, I look around as I try to figure out where I wanna eat. It's so quiet, and the lights are dim. After a brief pause, I remember a small, private area down the hall and around the corner that has a large window and a little floor space that I could sit on. I could eat while I look out at the stars. I make my way there, my shoes making quite a bit of noise down the dead quiet hallways. No one is out at this time. Crazy. Am I the only one who can't ever sleep?