𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝

"Stars Dance" by Selena Gomez plays in the gym, also known as the training room, as I get my punches in on this punching bag

"Stars Dance" by Selena Gomez plays in the gym, also known as the training room, as I get my punches in on this punching bag. Each punch gets harder and harder, every one feeding my anger and anxiety. Not only am I trying to catch up on my training, but it helps me think when I'm worried about everything. I've gotten much better with my physical fighting attributes, thanks to Steve. I like to do this on my own when I need to rethink.

Everyone is kind of mad at me for sneaking out to meet with Loki a few nights ago besides Nat—she understands why I did it. I feel a bit guilty, but I was only trying to protect Bruce—who Loki threatened. I've yet to hear from Fury, who hasn't come up with some kind of punishment yet. He hasn't even given me a talk. This worries me even more. Will he suspend me? Am I fired? Do I get a second chance?

I continue my punches, my body drenched in sweat as I train past my limit, my chest pumps up and down violently as I hardly take a minute to breathe. Steve opens up the door, walking into the room. He notices my overflow of emotion and the fact I'm quite literally about to pass out from overworking myself and yells at me from across the room.

"Okay Agent. I think that's enough." He says, making his way over to me. I throw in one more big one before I stop. I look over at him with a stone cold hidden face as I attempt to catch my breath. I take a step back, pulling off my boxing gloves as I watch his expression carefully.

My anger sparks. "You here to give me another lecture?" I ask, sweat running down my exhausted body.

Steve takes a deep breath, handing me a towel as he sits down on the small bench in front of me

Steve takes a deep breath, handing me a towel as he sits down on the small bench in front of me. I begin to dab the sweat off the forehead and chest, silence filling the room as Steve seemingly thinks intently about what exactly he's going to say. He looks down for a moment, furrowing his brows as he begins to shake his head.

"I think you need to re-evaluate some things, that's all." He finally says, looking up to make eye contact with me. I respond immediately—I've been on defense all day.

"Like what? Loki was going to hurt Bruce if I didn't do what he said. I did what I had to do." I argue.

"Right. And we would've dealt with that. Together." He says, staring at me with disappointment. I sigh before taking a deep breath as I cross my arms. "You can't go doing things alone. It's not safe, and you might make the wrong call." Steve continues.