𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙶𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚜, 𝙻𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚘𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎

"I'll go with you—you should let me go with you." Natasha whines as she curls my long brown hair, giving me a pleading look through the mirror. I laugh, shaking my head, "Noo—you can't. Trust me I'll be completely fine. My family can be so embarrassing. I don't need the interaction between my work friends and my family yet." I roll my eyes.

My family is big, and they're a lot to deal with. There's so many of them and they're particularly protective. Especially now more than ever since both of my parents aren't here anymore. I appreciate Nat wanting to meet them, and wanting to go home with me so that I'm not alone—but I'll be just fine.

"Oh whatever. I know I'd love them because I love you."

I give her a thankful smile.

"Ahhh—they're a little more extreme than me, I'm not so sure how you'd feel about them if you were stuck with them all for a few days." I argue, shaking my head with laughter. Nat lets out a little laugh, shaking her head in disbelief as she begins to place the bobby-pins in my hair, pulling different curled locks together. I bite my lip, looking over my makeup in the mirror.

"I don't know about you, but I'm definitely having a few drinks." Nat says with an excited chuckle. I nod, "Oh, honey. You know I'll be doing the same—I need it." I say in agreement.

"Do you know if Bruce is going?" I ask after a brief moment of silence.

"According to Tony—yes. Tony bought him a brand new suit and everything."

"It's been five days, Nat. I haven't even seen him working in the lab." I groan with sadness. I can't help but remember our last interaction in my bedroom five nights ago.

"That's because he works in there in the middle of the night, when you're asleep—because he's weird." Tony says as he enters the room.

"Hey—you aren't supposed to be in here! We aren't ready yet!" Natasha scolds Tony as he waltzes right on in, making his way over to where I'm sitting. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is someone getting married, here? It's a party." He says with sarcasm and annoyance. Nat rolls her eyes, continuing her focus on my hair.

"You both look beautiful. Bruce is going to piss his pants when he sees you, Anson." Tony says, shoving his hands into his suit pant pockets. He watches me in the mirror, shaking his head at the mention of Bruce. I feel butterflies at the thought of Bruce seeing me all dressed up again. Will he even react?

"How is he?" I ask nervously, the concern very clear in my tone.

"A mess. It's taking everything in him to stay away from you—that's for damn sure." He says with a sigh, crossing his arms. "I've tried everything, to—to get him to stop with this idiocracy but he's a world renowned genius. He thinks he knows what he's doing. Idiot." He rolls his eyes. Nat laughs under her breath.

"Something tells me he'll be giving in tonight." She shrugs, showing off her work as she finishes up my hair.

"I don't think you're wrong." Tony agrees.

I blush slightly, my lips curving into a smile. "Oh hush. You all are too kind." I say with a little bit of sarcasm as I pretend to pose in the mirror. Nat laughs, giving my shoulder a little slap. I stand up from my chair, grabbing onto my large dress tightly. I pull it up, allowing myself to take a few steps—ensuring I can walk in these heels Nat has picked out for me. "You good skippy?" Stark asks. I roll my eyes, "I think so." I take a deep breath, checking myself in the mirror one more time.

"Nat and I will go down first. I'm playing the perfect song for your entrance. He's gonna shit himself." Tony says excitedly. I narrow my brows, "What? My entrance? What the hell Stark—."