𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝

"Just a few steps further, love." He whispers into the phone.

I walk through the thick trees, crunching twigs and fallen leaves under my feet. I hold the phone up to the my ear, my hands a little shaky as the fear inside me begins to rush in like a broken dam. I can feel the panic inside of me pulsating as I realize where this may be going. I look around me, scanning every inch of every crevice with my eyes as best I can in the dark.

I push through a few more trees until I get to an open area, and another crackle of broken leaves alerts me of someone else's presence

I push through a few more trees until I get to an open area, and another crackle of broken leaves alerts me of someone else's presence. I stop in a more open area, looking up at the brightly shining moon. The phone shakes on my ear and my hand jitters. I look around until I notice a shadow moving out from the trees just across from me.

There he stands.

Loki—hiding himself in a dark hoodie.

"Thank you for coming." He says, hanging up the phone and throwing it across the wooded area. He lifts his fingers in the air and green sparks light from his fingertips. The phone crushes itself as he charms it. My stomach sinks as I take in his features. It's really him—in person for the first time since he killed my parents. He took everything away from me.

I narrow my eyes in anger, "You threatened Bruce. I didn't have a choice." I spit.

"Oh yes, that's right. You really don't want him turning green, do you?" Loki smirks, amused.

I pause before answering, wondering if it's even worth it. "Not when it threatens the safety of other people. Why are you so interested in getting him to lose control?" I question him, glaring at his stupid, rather chiseled face. He stands feet from me, not attempting to move any closer—yet.

"Because it creates a distraction—a problem. Which gives me an advantage. Come on, you knew that already. You're smart." He explains, tilting his head as he looks me over. "Which is why you came out here, correct?"

"How did you find us." I question, ignoring his first statement.

He tilts his head, looking me over—studying me, it feels like. "Viola." He says effortlessly in his proper accent. "Her ability to warp herself into your minds has been rather beneficial for me." He admits. I cross my arms as he says this, shaking my head as I'm reminded of yet another worry. Another threat.

"I need you to do something for me." He says, his arms crossing now.

"Why me?" I ask, tilting my head in confusion.

"Because you're the best bate. Now that Banner has stupidly fallen in love with you I can use you to my advantage. You're his weakness. We all know the lengths he'd go to in order to protect you. Which means the rest of the team will fall in line." He explains, raising a brow as he smirks with pride. I wanna punch that smile right off his face. My heartbeat quickens, my anger lighting on fire. His words trigger me as they set off all of my insecurities.