♾ Unxpected

We are blessed with life on earth but as we go along almost eventually the tears will fall on our shirts.

November 2012, 4 days later
~
Dani's Birthday

Three days... three days since it happened. A Mellow mood fell over the Boston's home. Some wet faces some dry faces but feelings were mutual. This was the most unexpected...

Dani

I sat in my room staring out the window as my mind wandered everywhere

I sat in my room staring out the window as my mind wandered everywhere. I had a cute fall outfit on that consisted of a black sweater, jeans, brown knee-high boots, and my brown petite coat to top it off cause today was my birthday. I'm happy, believe me, my dad was on his way and I couldn't wait to see him.

I got away from my window and fluffed my curly hair my mom did the night before which was also the funeral, the funeral was small and quick. It happened the day after she died and it was peaceful. I looked at my nicely made-up bed and clean room. I grabbed my purse and walked out of the room.

I prepared myself to walk downstairs and see her. My stomach felt weak as I walked to the couch my mom was sitting on holding the picture of all three of us. Me..my mom.. and my nana.

" hey mom" she looked up at me with tears rolling down her face " hey my birthday baby you look so cute" she hugged me as I sat next to her.

" thank you momma... are you ok?" I was sad and heartbroken but my eyes refused to cry. Not yet anyways. " I'll be ok baby I want you to have fun don't be sad" she gave me a half smile still with a wet face

Knock! Knock!

My head turned in the direction of the door. " that must be your dad" she sat back " ya I'll get it"

As soon as I opened the door my dad walked through it with an apologetic look on his face. That's not common for him but this was his wife for many years and my nana did mean something to him.

" Hey baby girl" he hugged me " hey daddy" his direction was turned towards my mother. They looked at each other for a moment. The room was silent.

" um, I'm sorry about-

" it's ok... you don't have to worry about me Nasir I'll be fine" she stood up " you take care of my child you hear" she had a stern look on her face

My dad looked at her and shockingly hugged my mom and surprisingly she hugged him back. For a second.. just for a second, she melted in his arms. I could tell my mom loved him at some point but something happened for her to hate him so much but I don't know what it is.

Whatever it was she had forgotten about it.. then she didn't as she let go of him " yall should go" she turned and sat back down.

" alright baby you ready. Lookin so cute my princess" He grabbed my hand toward his blacked-out Audi.