Chapter Seventy-One.

Hey! Sorry it's been like...a week since my last update, I've been really ill D: But I have the next few written out already and I'm getting better so the next one will be quicker!

It's almost over though, guys! Seventy-Five will be the final chapter, and then I'll start the sequel :D

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think! Enjoy! <3

**

Time passed by quickly again. Already, another thirteen days had passed, and it was Christmas Eve.

I stumbled through the front door to Zacky’s house at around five PM, having been out most of the day, finishing off the last bit of Christmas shopping I’d needed to do before tomorrow. After the stress of it all, I was honestly looking forward to an evening of relaxation before we all had to wake up ridiculously early and make our way to Matt’s house to spend Christmas Day together.

As I kicked my shoes off, Zacky appeared in the living room doorway with a grin, opening his arms and gesturing me to come closer.

“Nuhuh. Not until I’ve taken these upstairs and wrapped everything. You’re going to have to wait.” I playfully refused.

He immediately displayed an infantile pout as he stared back at me; one that I usually couldn’t resist. But I’d been on my feet for so long all day that I just wanted to get everything done so I could truly sit back and enjoy spending the rest of Christmas Eve with Zacky—just the two of us.

“How long have you been back?” I casually questioned, shrugging my coat off and hanging it on the coat rack. “You went out pretty soon after I did, didn’t you?”

“Oh, uh...yeah.” He shrugged, leaning against the doorframe and shoving his hands into his pockets. “But I only had to get a couple of things, so...it didn’t take me very long. Whereas you have been out all fucking day and I’ve been waiting so hurry up and get that stuff done and then come curl up on the couch with me.”

Chuckling slightly, I hoisted the shopping bags back into my hands and made my way upstairs, making sure to lock myself in the bedroom before I got started on the wrapping. The closet in which I had hidden the gifts I’d already bought was almost spilling open, and I cringed slightly, completely unsure of how much money I’d actually spent on presents for everyone. Once again, I’d gotten carried away.

Luckily, wrapping the rest of the presents seemed to occupy my thoughts and shift them away from the disappointment that I wasn’t spending my first Christmas Eve in Huntington with my dad. Of course, I loved the fact that it was just Zacky and I, but the fact that my dad hadn’t even bothered to call while I’d been living here, made it pretty obvious that tomorrow was going to be an extremely awkward experience.

At least an hour later, with all my Sellotape run out and no more wrapping paper left on the cardboard tubes, I managed to squeeze the rest of the presents into the closet and then made my way out of the bedroom, a pleasant aroma hitting me as I walked down the stairs. The smell lead to the kitchen, where I found Zacky with his back to me, carefully placing some freshly-baked cookies onto a plate and turning with a proud grin on his face.

“Look what I did.” He announced, his eyes displaying somewhat of a childlike excitement. “I actually baked without fail for once. Good, huh?”

Uhuh.” I chuckled, edging closer and taking one of the hot cookies in my hand. “Looks good. What’s all this in aid of?”

“Well...” He continued to grin, placing the plate down on the table and beginning to clear up around the kitchen as he spoke. “I thought, considering it’s just the two of us, we could just curl up on the couch with cookies and watch every cheesy Christmas movie I have.”