Chapter Twelve.

Elo! Here's chapter twelve for you, hope you like it! Please vote and comment; tell me what you think! :3

**

It was the best night’s sleep I’d had in days.

I’d not being woken up by nightmares or the sound of my mother’s sobs, or the feeling of three plastic chairs holding my body up. By the time Jason had managed to get us a hotel room, my eyes were pretty much shutting by themselves. I’d managed to drag myself into our room and quickly brush my teeth, before I then threw myself onto the first bed in sight, not even taking in my surroundings as I drifted to sleep.

Now that I was awake, as the clock was striking nine AM, I looked around the room in pure amazement. Jason had really splashed out on a hotel room for us—hell, this was near to being a suite.

It made me feel sort of guilty in a way; the fact that he’d taken my sudden arrival into his hands and spent obviously quite a bit of money on me. And what had I done? I’d just been rude to him.

It just made me even more unsure over what I was supposed to say to him today. I was planning to apologise, seeing as I was still pissed at myself for just running away from him like that last night. No; I was here for a reason, and even if he was going to turn me away, I planned to leave here knowing that I at least got to talk to him about everything.

Sighing, I rolled over in bed so that I was staring in the other direction. I realised that Jason’s bed was empty, and I couldn’t hear any movement anywhere. Wherever he’d gone, I was hoping I had enough time to jump in the shower before he got back and things got awkward.

I threw the warm covers off of me and reluctantly climbed out of the bed, grabbing my bag and shuffling my way into the bathroom. I didn’t want to look into the mirror, knowing I would still look shit. After all, my appearance had been the least of my worries since the whole situation started, and I’d sort of neglected how I looked and focused on finding Jason. My cheeks tinged pink slightly when I realised how much of a state I must’ve looked in front of the Avenged guys.

As soon as that thought was in my head, my mind quickly flickered to how Zacky had helped me last night. It wasn’t something I wanted to keep thinking about; not because I wasn’t grateful for what he did—I truly was—but because I knew myself too well. I knew that I’d start thinking too much into it, and that would cause a whole lot of other problems.

I turned the shower on and climbed inside it, standing underneath the warm water. It felt good to be properly cleaning myself, seeing as the nearest I’d had to a shower since I’d left for New York, was water from the tap. I scrubbed at my face, trying to clean every inch of my skin, and then began to wash my tangled hair.

I felt better already, by the time I was out of the shower. I dried myself and then got dressed, feeling relieved when I noticed the hair dryer hanging on the wall by the mirror. At least I wouldn’t have to wait ages for my hair to dry. I didn’t have a straightners, but it didn’t matter; I would just tie my hair up.

And for the first time in days, I did my makeup properly, like how I usually would. Even though I’d still been wearing the makeup I carried with me, I’d barely made an effort with it at all.

It was just as I finished getting ready that I heard the hotel room door open. I sighed and shoved my makeup back into my bag, preparing myself to speak to Jason. Grabbing my bag and then shoving my hands into my pockets, I made my way back out into the bedroom, dropping my gaze to my feet as soon as he laid his eyes on me.

“Hi.” I murmured quietly, not quite knowing what to expect. He was probably still pissed with me.

“Hey!” He replied somewhat cheerfully, surprising me in the process. When I snapped my head up to look at him, he was grinning at me. Before I could even think of what to say, he spoke again. “Wanna go and get some breakfast? I know this really great place.”