Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Sorry it's been a while again! I've just been so busy, but I'll get another chapter out as soon as possible!

Please vote and comment!

**

“Fucking finally, kid!”

I rolled my eyes as I climbed into Ronnie’s car and turned to raise my eyebrows at him. It’d been two days since I’d chosen to go out with my cousins instead of him, and he’d obviously made a note to remind me of that.

“I haven’t seen you since before your birthday, Jesus Christ!” He continued, pulling out of my driveway and speeding down the road.

“I prefer to be known as Midge. Jesus Christ is a bit of a mouthful.” I smirked back at him.

Funny.” He sarcastically rolled his eyes. “Did you have a good birthday, anyway?”

“I did.” I nodded my head back at him. “I got some money...and a car.”

His eyebrows shot up immediately. “That expensive-looking car in the driveway was yours?”

Again, I nodded, a smile tugging at my lips at his reaction.

“You’re spoilt.” He stated, shaking his head in disbelief.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes again. Every one of the guys had said that multiple times since I’d got my car, and it was getting a little old to hear now.

“Where are we going, anyway?” I questioned, in attempt to change the subject.

“To a party.” He shrugged “To get absolutely fucked, seeing as I wasn’t there on your birthday.”

“I did invite you.”

He shrugged again. “I know. But, you know...it could’ve gotten a little awkward. What with me having been in care with Linds and all that.”

I’d honestly not thought of that part of things, and it made me suddenly relieved that Ronnie hadn’t been at the party. Also, even though Zacky didn’t remember it, I knew for sure that had Ronnie been there, the kiss wouldn’t have happened.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I agreed, shifting in my seat as I tried to shake the kiss from my mind. “Whose party is this, anyway?”

“Just a friend’s.”

I wanted to roll my eyes for a third time. I was so used to that answer now that I almost expected it. I never actually was informed as to who all these friends were of Ronnie’s. He’d just show up on the day, tell me we were going to a party and then drive me off to some uninviting house in a rundown area where everyone would be stoned and drunk off of their faces and I’d just feel uncomfortable and end up drinking ludicrous amounts of alcohol to make the time pass.

It was becoming a routine.

We were soon parking up on the side of some road and I sighed as I got out the car, staring around the place. It was all the same to me now—these places that he’d take me to. They all looked the same. Cracked pavements, overgrown front gardens, boarded up windows and random pieces of furniture strewn across the yard. Pretty much every house in the small street looked like a crack house.

“Midge?” Ronnie loudly said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Hello?”

“Huh?” I diverted my gaze from my surroundings to him, blinking up at him.

“This is for you.” He suddenly produced a bottle of vodka from his jacket, chucking it towards me, at which I abruptly reached out to catch it. “Happy belated birthday.”