Chapter Sixty-Six.

Hiiiiiiiii! Here's sixty-six! Enjoy :)

Please vote, comment and tell me what you think!

**

“Midge, wait!”

I practically kicked my front door open, not at all caring if I’d caused it any damage. My dad must have left at some point while I was making my way round to Zacky’s and walking in on him and Gena, because his car was now nowhere to be seen.

My scuffed, soaked-through Converse squeaked loudly against the wooden floor as I stepped into the house and kicked my shoes off, also shrugging my jacket off and haphazardly throwing it to the side. Zacky appeared in the doorway behind me, thoroughly out of breath, but I only ignored him and made my way through to the kitchen.

Midge!” He managed to repeat, following after me and slamming the door behind him as he did so. He quickly ran into the kitchen, watching me as I went straight into the cupboard and reached for the huge bottle of vodka that had been tempting me for so long. “Midge, baby, I’m sorry! You know I love you more than anyone. Let me explain!”

Ignoring him, I went to grab a glass from the counter, but thought better of it and began to drink from the bottle, trying my absolute hardest not to cry and to pretend he wasn’t there. Though it was proving to be hard as I stared forward, the bottle at my lips and my hands frantically shaking. Tears were beginning to reappear in my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time that day, and before I could stop myself, I choked out a loud sob.

Zacky immediately exhaled deeply, cautiously stepping closer to me, at which I took a step back. In my peripheral vision, I saw his face fall, and it almost looked like he was going to cry too.

“Baby, I’m so sorry...” He said, quieter this time, as his gaze darted to the floor in shame. “I can’t make up excuses. I won’t lie to you because it happened and it was exactly what it looked like. I don’t know what came over me. I’m just...so sorry.”

His meaningful words and his apologies only seemed to trigger my tears more, and I had to quickly turn away, trying to bury my face in my hands while I kept the vodka bottle tightly clutched within my palm. My body shook even more as I sobbed, and he loudly snivelled behind me, giving me a good indication that he was now also crying.

“I don’t expect you to say anything.” He choked out. “You don’t have to. I know I’m horrible. Just say you want me to leave you alone and I will, baby. I can’t say how sorry I am.”

Within my upset, my anger was beginning to return. I wasn’t sure if I was even more annoyed by his overuse of the word baby after what I’d just walked in on, or by the way he kept apologising over and over again, but I was quickly feeling that want to punch something again.

“After everything!” I managed to exclaim, trying to keep calm as I turned to face him. “After everything she did and said!”

He nodded quickly. “I know.”

I wasn’t able to say anymore as I sobbed again, the pain I was feeling increasingly getting worse. I’d never experienced anything like it before, but it almost felt like my heart was actually hurting, and I wanted to tightly cross my arms over my chest as an attempt to make it stop.

“I’m sorry. You don’t have to say a word. Just listen.” Zacky spoke quietly again, his eyes pleading with me. “I know I don’t deserve it but you deserve to hear it. I screwed up...No, I fucked up. And I’m so sorry and you don’t have to forgive me but Gena came over saying she wanted to apologise for what she said when we bumped into her at that mall, and...I don’t know what happened! But all the hurt I had felt when she left me for Kyle came back and I know how it feels to be in your situation and I swore I’d never do that to you but I have and I’m so sorry and I love you.”