Chapter Eleven.

I know not all that much happens in this chapter, but I was just sort of building it up for the next one! Please vote and comment; tell me what you think! :3

**

By the time Zacky dragged me back to where Jason was waiting with the rest of Avenged, it became obvious that he’d explained who I was to them.

They were all piled in the same room that I’d been in earlier, somewhat of excitement lighting up their faces when I wandered in. I just shuffled nervously, not really knowing what to feel.

I stayed stood for a moment, my eyes on Jason, but his gaze was pinned to the floor. I was guessing he was pretty pissed off with me. I didn’t blame him. In typical Midge fashion, I’d messed things up within the first hour of meeting my father.

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of a chair being dragged along the floor, to see M freaking Shadows placing it by me, and gesturing for me to sit.

“You wanna sit down?” He asked me warmly, a smile on his face.

“Thank you.” I murmured back quietly, shuffling ever so slightly and perching myself on the chair.

He simply nodded, the smile not moving from his face. The corners of my mouth curved up slightly as I returned the smile, and then glanced at the rest of the guys, to see them all staring at me. It made me feel weird, like I was about to be interrogated or something.

As I quickly glanced away, a laugh broke through the silence, and everyone turned to look at who it’d come from; The Rev.

My cheeks quickly turned pink when I realised it was me he was laughing at, tears of pure hilarity glistening in his eyes. I didn’t see what I’d done that was so funny, and apparently, neither did anyone else.

“You okay there, Jimmy?” Johnny asked with raised eyebrows.

“She looks so scared, you guys.” Jimmy replied. “Jesus Christ, make her feel a bit more relaxed. The look on her face is priceless!”

As the other guys laughed along, now understanding, my cheeks heated again, but I knew I had to say something.

“Well, all due respect,” I spoke, fidgeting slightly in the chair, “wouldn’t you look scared if you were some small seventeen year old, being stared at by five big...buff guys?”

“Sorry, Jasmine.” Synyster—or Brian—chuckled. “It’s just weird seeing you, that’s all. The last time I saw you was when I was thirteen, and you were about this big.” He began to gesture with his hands how small I’d been as a baby, a smile on his face.

“It’s okay.” I replied. “Uh...you can call me Midge, by the way.”

“You changed your name?” Zacky tilted his head, a look of interest shadowing his face.

I was still pretty much in awe of the way he’d just come to my rescue. I was probably just having some fan girl fit without even realising it, but the way he spoke still made me feel slightly weird inside.

“No, my name’s still Jasmine.” I told him. “Midge is just a nickname I gained over the years when people began to realise that everyone was becoming taller than I was.”

As I spoke, I noticed Jason look up at me out of the corner of my eye, but he continued to remain in silence. I was starting to get worried that I’d already blown my chances and that he’d turn me away.

“Well then, Midge,” Matt said, “You were way too young to remember, so in case you don’t know, I’m Matt, that’s Zacky, he’s Johnny, that’s Brian and this is Jimmy. Johnny’s only heard about you, though. He was only ten when you were born, so he never got to meet you.”

“Oh. Hey.” I pathetically said, waving slightly.

They all smiled again. It was something I was rapidly becoming used to, seeing as everything I’d said so far had had them either smiling or laughing at me.

“So, you must be, what? Seventeen, now?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “I turn eighteen in about a month.”

“Jesus Christ.” Brian breathed out, slowly shaking his head. “Where does the time go?”

“That’s what I was thinking.” Jimmy laughed along. “I used to go over to Jason’s house to see how he was doing. You sure had a large set of lungs on you for a baby so small.”

“And I had to live next door to all that noise.” Matt also laughed.

It was sort of overwhelming to see how happy they were, just to see me. I’d not even known that my dad had been friends with them that long, but the fact that they knew me as a baby was sort of weird. And kind of cool, when I thought about it.

“Are you usually this quiet?” Jimmy then asked me, a wide grin on his face.

“No.” I truthfully told him. “Not usually.”

“I didn’t think you would be.” He nodded. “I always thought you were gonna grow up to be just like your dad. And you look exactly like him.”

It was then that I realised, if I stayed, that I was probably going to get told that a lot. I glanced at Jason again, noticing how his gaze was back on the floor. My stomach dropped even more. He’d not said one thing to me.

The guys seemed to be waiting for a reply of some sort from me, but I didn’t have the slightest clue what to say. I merely gave a slight laugh, which sparked laughter from all of them once again. I didn’t even know what they’d been finding funny this whole time.

“So,” Brian spoke, causing my stare to flicker to him, “Are you in high school, or?”

“College.” I told him, shaking my head slightly.

“Studying?”

“Performing Arts.” 

At hearing that, they all seemed to become pretty interested. I knew they were just asking general questions to get to know me better, but I felt like I was in an interview of some sort.

“That’s cool.” Zacky smiled. “So are your piercings.” At that point, he winked. I could tell it was just a humorous gesture because I had the same facial piercings that he did, but it was far too attractive for me to deal with. I had to look away quickly.

“You got any tattoos?” Johnny questioned.

“No, I’m waiting until I turn eighteen to get my first one.” I explained.

“What are you gonna get?” Zacky leaned forward, resting his chin on his hands and his elbows on his knees, as he blinked at me, waiting for my answer. The others seemed just as interested about what I was planning to get tattooed on me, so I tried my best not to stare at his face.

I was becoming ridiculously infatuated with him already.

“Well, I...I'm not really too sure. My mum was always wanting me to get her name tattooed on my wrist,” I stammered, making Jason snap his head up at me, “But now...”

“You changed your mind?” Jimmy guessed. “How come?”

It was then that I was truly stuck on what to say. I couldn’t really explain it all to them when I’d not even spoken to Jason about it yet. Luckily, he stepped in before I had a chance to answer.

“It’s getting late.” He announced. “Ja—Midge, you look real tired.”

“I am.” I nodded, thankful that he’d changed the subject.

“We’re gonna get a hotel to stay in and we’ll talk about everything tomorrow, okay?” He stared down at me, luckily not looking that angry.

“Sure.” I smiled.

I was glad the questions would be stopping for one night. What I needed was a proper shower, a proper night’s sleep, and definitely a proper meal.

And tomorrow, I’d finally get to talk to Jason about the things I’d been wanting to talk to him about since I found the photo.