Chapter Fifty.

So I wanted to get this chapter out today because I go back to college on Thursday and although I'll be updating as much as I can, we start planning and rehearsals for our Christmas performance, like...pretty much instantly.

I made it longer chapter just in case I don't get to update until like...next week, but it shouldn't come to that :)

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think! Enjoooooooooy!

**

Keeping promises had always been one of my strong points.

After being disappointed so many times by my mother breaking numerous promises to me while I was growing up—promises that she’d stop drinking and get help—I always did my absolute best to keep my own and not disappoint anyone or make them feel how I had felt.

I’d done extremely well so far. It hadn’t been hard to stay away from Ronnie because being around Zacky didn’t even make me think of him all that much, but the numerous calls and texts I had to avoid answering had begun to make it a little difficult.

Another two weeks had gone by since Zacky had made me promise to stay away from Ronnie, and I couldn’t quite believe that it had actually been four solid weeks since we’d started dating. When around twelve days passed without so much as a word from Ronnie, I figured it was going to be relatively easy. Now that he knew about Zacky and I, maybe he didn’t want anything to do with me. That would disappoint me a little, but I could live with it.

But that Saturday, with my dad out of town to see his parents again and Zacky busy discussing things with the guys, I’d been lounging around the house when my phone started blowing up with numerous texts and calls.

They were all from Ronnie—one after the other, demanding to know why I was avoiding him again and telling me it wasn’t fair that I was totally neglecting him now that I had a boyfriend. I tried to ignore all of them, but when my phone started ringing for the fifth time, I grew aggravated and decided to answer.

What?” I snapped a little too harshly as I answered, immediately feeling guilty, “Sorry I didn’t answer the first four times, I was in the shower.”

“Your attempts of lying to me are always so ridiculously shit.” He calmly replied, not a hint of anger or irritation in his voice, “Where have you been?”

Rolling my eyes, I sat down on the sofa, turning the television on. “Around. Mostly with Zacky. Why?”

“Have you been avoiding me?”

I hesitated. I wasn’t sure whether to just come right out and tell him I couldn’t hang around him anymore or if I’d just make up a lie and see where it went. Still unsure of what to do, I sighed.

“You have, haven’t you?” He then said, stressing me out even more, “For Christ’s sake, Midge, I won’t tell anyone about you and Baker. I was just a little shocked, that’s all.”

“It’s not that I’m worried about.” I rolled my eyes, “I just...you know this isn’t just any normal relationship. I have to keep it a secret right now and with that comes a lot of effort and it takes up quite a bit of time. I just haven’t had the chance to see you.”

“You’re lying.”

I sighed. “No I’m not.”

“Oh yeah?” He then raised his voice a little, “Prove it to me. You don’t seem all that busy right now. Come see me for an hour and tell me the real reason. You owe me that much after everything I’ve done for you.”