Chapter Thirty-Three.

Please vote and comment!

Enjoy!

**

When I got home the next day, it turned out my dad was pretty angry, just as I’d expected him to be.

No matter how well Zacky knew him, he’d been completely wrong in saying that his anger would disappear due to the fact that he’d be relieved I was home. My dad was furious.

He practically yelled at me as soon as I set foot through the door that morning, stopping for about a minute to thank Zacky for letting me stay at his house and dropping me off back home. As soon as Zacky turned and drove away, my dad was back to shouting again.

I was too tired and hungover to actually retaliate, so I just sat there and took it for about half an hour. The only problem was, he went on and on...and on.

It seemed like he was never going to give it a rest, starting from telling me that I wouldn’t get away with half as much as I did in England, to then somehow moving onto the danger I could’ve put myself in.

“I’m not gonna put up with it, Midge!” He yelled, pacing the floor in front of me as I sat on the sofa, my head in my hands. “First I have to pick you up from the police station, and now this?”

Whether he was expecting a reply, I didn’t know, but I kept my mouth shut and let him continue.

“I mean, you’re seventeen, for Christ’s sake—nearly eighteen!” He exclaimed. “You’re old enough to know how stupid you were being.”

I rolled my eyes, irritating him even more. “Oh, so I’m stupid now? That’s great.”

“No, you’re actually very clever, and that’s what scares me! Some of the decisions you’ve made recently have been ridiculous!”

Yet again, I rolled my eyes. I didn’t know what he was actually trying to drill into my skull, but it certainly wasn’t working. I was growing bored. But luckily, Ronnie texted me just then, making my dad’s voice become a muffle in the background as I typed back.

“You know what, Midge? You are so lucky that you have an uncle like Zacky in your life.” He began pacing again. “Because he wasn’t just driving home when he happened to see you. He deliberately took a longer route to his house to look for you. He didn’t have to do that.”

“Okay, Dad!” I finally looked up from my phone, yelling back at him. “I get it! You didn’t want me to go out. Whatever!”

He scowled at that, snatching my phone out of my hand. “That’s not the point! It’s that you just left a family meal without telling anyone where you were going and you went and got drunk! Who did you even go out with? Because Charlotte and Linds certainly didn’t know about your plans!”

“I went out with Ronnie.” I shrugged casually. “The guy from the station.”

His eyebrows shot up, his expression darkening. “Ronnie Radke? You went out with Ronnie Radke?”

And yet, I was again surprised by the fact that my dad knew him. I shouldn’t have been by now, what with Ronnie knowing Linds, but it still felt weird to know.

“Of course, you know him, too. Why wouldn’t you?” I sarcastically said, scowling a little. “He seems to be famous around Huntington.”

Infamous.”

A sigh escaped my lips. I was growing bored now. I’d met Ronnie twice, he seemed nice enough, and I decided I wasn’t going to listen to what anyone had to say about him, even if it was coming from my family. I felt like they were all being overly judgemental.