Phoenix Mountain

Comincia dall'inizio

Wei WuXian's vulnerable midsection was completely exposed to attack, a tortoise on its back. His first thought was Jin ZiXun. The stupid peahen had set him up for such helplessness after all. Wei WuXian tried to strike with his legs. In the strained position his body had been stretched into, he could hardly break his toes from the ground.

He found himself with only one choice, and maybe that's what Jin ZiXun—or whomever it was—wanted. He almost wept in frustration at the thought.

Control... Stay in control.

Wei WuXian breathed in deeply as his lips hugged the shape of a ghostly tune.

But before he had a chance to whistle, his mind went white.

The brewing melody was cut off by another pair of lips moving clumsily against his own.

What the hell?

Wei WuXian immediately went back to struggling, fueled by an entirely new breed of fear scorching his veins. He shook his head and, despite the muffle, tried to mumble 'no' and 'stop', but the other seemed to think he was moaning, because the kiss immediately worsened; it was animalistic in nature—aggressive and domineering and not at all how a first kiss should feel.

A first kiss. This is my... Wei WuXian did weep in frustration then. Angry tears slipped from his eyes. He could taste salt as each transparent bead seeped between the kiss.

Lan Zhan, I'm sorry.

Wei WuXian gasped. Two sharp teeth had punctured his swollen lip, like I'm some ripened fruit!? The stranger took that chance to push themself further in, aggressively invading Wei WuXian from the inside-out. He gagged, choking on the sudden swirl of another's tongue in his mouth. He couldn't breathe—it felt like a thick slab of meat had clogged his throat. Overwhelmed, Wei WuXian groaned. Between the sobbing, begging, and choking, he grew ever fainter until he was being hung by his wrists rather than restrained.

It was only then he was finally spared.

He didn't feel spared.

A sob trembled pathetically on his bruised tongue. Slowly, he slid down the trunk of the tree until his backside hit the ground.

By the time he was coherent enough to loosen the knot around his head, there was nobody around. The only evidence of another person was in wilted grass and the skin of blood on his teeth.

Dazed and drifting in a dreamscape, Wei WuXian poked at his lips. His finger sank into the puffy flesh. It was real. Everything was real. Too real. With his bunched sleeves, he vehemently rubbed at his mouth, trying to scrape away the tarnished dream. I wanted Lan Zhan to be... I wanted him. But now, his first kiss was stolen and he felt strangely devastated.

Jiang YanLi felt jaded and resigned. It was far too hot and her company was aggravatingly quiet. She trailed a few feet behind the Young Master as he continued to part the grasses with his sword, searching for something he didn't care to disclose with her. Judging by the smile teasing his face every time he found an iridescent, plate-sized scale, it was a serpent-like creature.

She let her mind wonder to the two boys probably out creating havoc across the hunting grounds and smiled.

"Lady Jiang?" Jin ZiXuan suddenly spoke up for the first time. "Lady Jiang, isn't that..."