Phoenix Mountain

Requests open <3

Request Summary: the Phoenix Mountain kiss but make it ✨ angsty ✨ I feel like this really got away from me but I hope that's just my overbearing perfectionism. Hope I didn't butcher your idea!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TW: Sexual Assault (only a kiss), & MATURE CONTENT at the end
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please avoid what may trigger you or make you uncomfortable <3

•••

ChenQing's polished body lingered on his lips as its last breath died in the wind. Small rings had been pressed into the pads of his fingers, and his heartbeat pulsed uncomfortably in his chapped lips, but he was content with what he'd collected for the Jiang Sect.

Slowly, Wei WuXian lowered the flute, stuffed it in his belt and leaned back into the old tree, passing a retired sigh. He longed to be elsewhere, and that was a fact he didn't try to hide as he crossed his arms. The only reason he hadn't hightailed it to the nearest inn to pawn off his name for a drinking bet was to prove a point to that stupid  Jin brat with the stupid dare.

It was evening at least, spelling a near end to the competition.

Wei WuXian yawned. Almost over. A burnished brass gloss dripped between leaves and branches as the orange sun sunk. It warmed his face like a fur throw, and he felt sleepier and sleepier with every inhalation of sweet mountain air; but just as he closed his eyes in search of a light nap, he heard the wild grass parting. It was brushing a person's robes in their tread, and whomever it was appeared to be approaching. He pulled ChenQing from his belt, brandishing it just in case.

"Are you here for the night hunt?" He prompted the silent stranger.

Wei WuXian started spinning his flute between his fingers, feeling more relaxed as time passed. They didn't harbor any sort of killing-intent. Who might it be then, and why aren't they replying? The blindfold was definitely making things interesting. Perhaps this person wanted to spar, and not too long ago, Wei WuXian would have jumped at the chance—even blinded—but now, with no sword to his name, he wasn't so eager.

Having received no answer, Wei WuXian cocked his head and admitted, "You won't be able to catch anything good around me."

A rosefinch chittered and a breeze whispered.

But not a single breath was drawn.

When Wei WuXian's lips parted a third time, as if offended by his mouth the person unexpectedly strode over and seized his shoulders. Wei WuXian winced as the tree's coarse bark mauled his back, but he stuffed the grunt under his tongue.

Crippled by the thickness of the blindfold, Wei WuXian reached to yank it off, but his wrist was swiftly given the same treatment as his back. He grit his teeth as ChenQing clattered to the ground and rolled off somewhere. Wei WuXian was walking the cusp of panic now. In desperation, he shook a bundle of talismans from his left sleeve. It did not go unnoticed by the stranger who didn't hesitate to immobilize him.

Wei WuXian spat several curses in an unbecoming publication of pain. His left arm was now pinned alongside his right—both captured above his head—and the mocking shrill of fluttering papers filled his ears.