The Shadow of You (Vol. 1)

🔊🔊🔊
Before we start... yes, yes I did recycle a couple paragraphs from my other story. What are you gonna do about it? Report me for plagiarism?
😀🤚

Inspired by TlkFluentSarcasm  🙇‍♀️ go read their stories right now or perish

Inspired by TlkFluentSarcasm 🙇‍♀️ go read their stories right now or perish... even though 99% of you guys came from their story to mine anyways... 👩‍🦯

Summary: Obligatory Burial Mounds fic. It was bound to happen at one point. Gotta love it. Happy ending of course. Burial Mounds is a sentient being who is honestly just really bored of playing with dead things. Enter Wei Ying.

Tw: Gore gore gore galore.

•••

Wei WuXian fell. He really didn't think he could fall any lower after losing his core, but then there he was—literally falling. His arms flailed as if he could catch the smoke spires. The wind whistling in his ears and making whips of his hair was not loud enough to denounce Wen Chao's laughter. From his seat in the sky, the man in red looked like a demon king with his whorish concubine. Wen ZhuLiu—his right-hand man, his core-melting hand—did not watch, and Wei WuXian perhaps hated him most for his indifference. He walked these fields of war with no hunger, and yet he hunted for meat anyways.

Stygian clouds soon swallowed the Wen's sky. After that, it was nothing but darkness.

Wei WuXian's tired eyes fell as he tried not to think of the ground waiting to catch him—death waiting to receive him.

He just fell.

He wondered if Jiang Cheng was waiting for him in Yiling, tea in hand and gold threads warming his heart. Hopefully, the sudden Sect Leader was only half as loyal as Wei WuXian been in his wait; the only thing thinner than his face was his patience after all. Jiang Cheng should just forget about him. That would make this easier.

He prayed that his Shijie would not waste tears on him. She'd already spent too many on this war, enough to water a garden.

And he hoped Lan WangJi would find someone else, someone good like himself. Blessed to have been his soulmate, cursed to have never come together, Wei WuXian thought back on their time with bittersweetness.

I wish I could have said 'I love you' just once.

Or at least goodbye.

Wei WuXian stopped falling abruptly. His hair swished as it tumbled down his shoulders, tamed. Did I... what... am I...? He looked around, holding his breath as cold, slimy fingers the size of tree trunks wrapped around his body. Clouds of recent had come together and taken the form of a Giant's hand. Being held by such a thing terrified him.