The Queer Boy's Guide to Self-Discovery (Vol. 2)

Because it's been awhile, here's a lil previously on: Wei Ying and A-Sang shared an experimental kiss, and Lan Zhan felt his heart break

For you bestie TlkFluentSarcasm (。・ω・。)ノ♡

"A-Sang." The boys rolled over on their special rock, arms pillowed beneath their heads and stupid giddy smiles on their faces. The rock itself wasn't so special, but what happened on it would always be remembered. It had been the stage upon which two boys discovered themselves in each other. "Do you like me?"

The Emperor's Smile were all long gone. Vestments shattered in the river. Intoxication simmering. Nie HuaiSang's eyes fluttered, demure, and he thought for awhile.

"I like you," he said. He also said, "I don't like like you."

Wei WuXian snorted. He tapped Nie HuaiSang's nose while teasing, "Your kisses say otherwise, SangSang~"

The young Nie tasted his bruised lips with a raspberry tongue and shrugged, "What can I say. Wei Xiong is very attractive and I'm just a hormonal teen. I like you, you know, like carnally; but I don't love you the way you love WangJi Xiong."

"Good, good. That would've been quite the love triangle. Definitely wouldn't mind kissing you again though."

"We could make this a thing?" HuaiSang suggested after a breath of silence.

"A thing? Like a friends with benefits situation?"

"More like friends having an identity crisis together sort of thing. Practice, you know."

"Sure, yeah, sure. Gods, I need to build up my confidence before asking Lan Zhan out. I bet he's already a great kisser."

"I would be honored to help."

Lan WangJi dirtied his little white knees before the gentian cottage. Blue as a water ghost's lips, the namesake flowers smiled in full-bloom around him. He wanted his mother and he wanted Wei Ying, but the heavens reminded him to want is to sin by taking his mother and giving his soulmate's heart to another.

What he saw, painted beneath the light of the moon, would never be forgotten.

Lan XiChen frowned when he walked into the courtyard that morning and saw his little brother. He placed the watering can he'd been carrying in the grass. It was an odd one, a porcelain elephant with a spout for a trunk. Mother was a nomad before she met father. She frequented south-western lands upon an endless highway, the Silk Road, collecting trinkets and knickknacks.