[ 3.29 ] - Intermediate: Isn't it tiring

Intermediate: Isn't it tiring

[ 3.29 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

Since speaking with Ryun, I began to build my courage to face the crazed girls. However, just the thought makes me nervous—so much so that even now my hands are trembling.

Quietly, I clasp them together as I walked over to the building that Xael usually ends the day. There, I saw the same group of girls waiting as they chattered amongst themselves excitedly, waiting for him like they always do. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for someone to notice me and soon many glares were pointed my direction.

Unconsciously, I tightened my hands together as I looked ahead, rocking to and fro on my feet, trying not to reveal my anxiety. Patiently, I waited for Xael to exit.

Pushing the door open, Xael appeared with his usual stoic expression, casting a glance at the girls surround him before walking down the steps and towards me.

Facing me, his face slightly relaxed as he gave a small, reassuring smile.

"You look nervous." He comments.

I could only smile halfheartedly as I nodded, unclasping my hands.

"My hands won't stop trembling." I admit.

"You'll be fine." He tells me, giving me a small pat on the shoulder.

"I hope so..." I let out a small breath of air, placing my hand on my heart for comfort.

Seeing me so nervous, Xael slightly tilted his head as he looked down at me.

"Would you like it if I waited for you in the courtyard?"

Hearing his suggestion, I immediately looked up to meet his eyes.

"You don't have to go to practice today?"

"Grandfather has a meeting today."

"I see...well if that's the case then please do wait for me."

With a temporary farewell, I watched him walk off towards the courtyard. My beating heart slightly calmed with a support system behind me and I regained my courage.

Inhaling a breath of air, I turn towards the only other people left in the vicinity. I held a solemn expression as I looked at the few girls left and made my way to them until I was only a meter away from them.

The group of girls sneered at me as they crossed their arms, raising a provoking and questioning brow, as if asking what I wanted from them.

I couldn't help the tired sigh that escaped my lips as I prepared myself.

A moment of silence passed before I finally spoke.

"I have a question to ask you all...regarding your animosity towards me."

Although the girls didn't say anything, it was clear that I had their attention. Feeling relieved, I continued, "Have I ever done anything to provoke your hostility? If there is, then I would like to hear it and I would like it if I am also given a chance to clear up any misunderstandings."