Intermission: Litheon Kingsley

Spring Break

I was hoping that with my new found activities, I'd be able to avoid meeting the Caruess family whenever they visited as they only visited during noon.

It seems it was not the case this time around.

It was evening when I arrived home, my body fatigued and exhausted. I wanted nothing more than to have dinner and go off to bed like I had been doing for the past two weeks since my training started, but when I entered my home, I was greeted with an irritating face. Despite my annoyance, I placed a bright smile on my face as I went over to greet our guests.

"Aunt Abeline," I then turned to the girl besides her, forcing a smile as I announced her name, "Isa, what bring you here?"

My voice brought my mother's attention to me, her eyes scrutinizing my appearance which was less than pleasant. My clothes were sticking to my body and my hair was matted with sweat. Nevertheless, she composed herself and smiled at my presence.

"Litheon! You're mother invited us over for dinner, but it's been so long since we've seen you!" Aunt Abeline, Isa's mother, exclaimed as her eyes brightened.

"It seems I've been very busy lately." I tell her as I glanced over to the staircase. "I'll be excusing myself for a moment. I need to wash up."

"Yes, you go do that." My mother quickly waves me off as she turns Aunt Abeline's attention to another topic.

As I walk up the stairs, I can feel Isa's eyes on me filled with distaste. Since I wasn't of focus anymore, I quickly provoked her with a gesture I knew she hated before hurrying out of sight.

When I returned to the main room, clean and groomed, my mother finally nodded in approval and stood up. "Now that Litheon has returned, shall we have dinner?"

Excited, Aunt Abeline stood and nodded. "Yes! I heard that you recently hired a new chef that was trained through A'lette!"

"That's right! The difference in cuisine is night and day from before." My mother and Aunt Abeline continue to converse whilst I'm stuck having to be side by side with the demoness.

She glared my way and I glared hers, not minding my family servants who watched us. Even if they knew we hated each other's guts, that didn't mean our parents did.

"I'm gonna get you." She gritted through her teeth. I smirked while raising a brow, "And how do you expect to do that?"

She continued to glare while I watched smugly, my arms folding across my chest when all of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain at my side. I let out a yelp and held my side, catching the attention of the two older women.

Isa looked over to me with 'concern', pushing the idea that it was just me being strange. Not wanting to draw any suspicions, I played it off until they turned away before trying to trip her.

Unfortunately my plan had not worked and she did not fall.

What a shame...

Author's note:
Guys...I'm horrible.
I've been too caught up in watching Black Clover...and playing video games...
Also! Surprisingly found some motivation to do calculus work even if it's just once a week... (ᵔᴥᵔ)
Anyways, I was hoping to write more for Litheon, but...it's okay.
You guys will get more next week!
Hehehe...

Question:
I don't have a question, but feel free to ask me some if you'd like!

1.5.2020