[ 4.03 ] - High School: Nothing bad

High School: Nothing bad

[ 4.03 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 16

After our incredible sweets adventure, our trip soon ended and I returned home with a surprise awaiting me.

I was rolling my suitcase along behind me when I saw the familiar silhouette of a woman.

"Grandma!" I exclaimed, dropping the suitcase I was pulling along and ran over to give her a hug.

A faint smile graced her lips as she lightly patted my head.

"Ryenne, it's good that you're here. I have some news to tell you."

Immediately my attention was piqued. Knowing my grandmother, whenever she had to tell me of some sort of 'news' it was never exactly good. I couldn't help myself from holding in a breath in preparation.

Perhaps she noticed my unease when she pulled for me to sit besides her.

"It's nothing bad, I promise you."

Despite her reassurance, I naturally doubted it. After all, the last time she said something along these lines, I was told I would have to attend the academy with Ron and Yoon.

Now, I don't regret meeting and befriending Xael and Litheon. I wouldn't have met Isa either had I not attended the elementary section. However, this all happened before I had met them, hence my distress and protests were valid at that time.

Anyways, point being, the news she offers to me was never as great as she made it out to be—at least to me it never was.

"Okay, I'll believe you." I lied, displaying a calm demeanor as I waited for her to tell me what her news was. I assumed it must be pretty big, seeing as she personally came all the way to City X to tell my family and I.

"In a few weeks, Fleur will be staying at the estate and attending the academy with you."

I was dumbstruck by the sudden information and it took me a moment to recover before I responded.

"So, she'll be staying with us...and attending Rosenphael Academy?"

My grandmother nodded in response.

"She'll only be staying here temporarily until she is allowed to move into the dorms."

"I see, so she received a scholarship to attend?"

"Yes. I hope you can help her as she adjusts to life in City X."

"Naturally, I will."

After I gave her my word, our conversation soon ended and I excused myself, saying that I needed to unpack and wanted to rest.

As I lied down on my bed, I couldn't help releasing a tired sigh.

Although Fleur was my friend, I couldn't feel happy knowing she was going to arrive in City X soon. I was a bit—No. 'A bit' was an understatement. I was very worried about the events to come following her arrival.

Knowing how the plot goes, and facing my current reality, it felt almost impossible for the unfortunate series of events to even take place.

Litheon wasn't a cold person and was definitely not shy to attention. If anything, he was the brightest person I knew. He basked in his glory and achievements, though he wasn't obnoxious about it—at least most of the time he wasn't. The only way for him to act such a way is if someone crossed his line.

As for Xael, his part in the story wasn't much of a love interest. Rather, he was a supporting character to the male and female leads, helping them as much as he could regarding situations involving the villainess. Xael, the character, never considered Ryenne a friend, nor did she. However the Xael I knew was one of my closest friends, and over the course of many years, he has made it clear that he dislikes Fleur very much, though he still has yet to tell me the reason why.

Another factor to take in would be Isa's existence. Although there was never any mention of her in the novel, based on former Ryenne's letter, she certainly existed. Likely, she was to be Litheon's first love, but she just never appeared in the end. Unfortunately, it is hard for me to determine whether Isa will return or not. If she decides to stay abroad, perhaps Litheon and Fleur's road to love may occur, but if she returns, how will it change the predicted events?

Now, if I factor myself in, doesn't it mostly secure the idea that such events will not occur? Xael and Litheon are both my closest friends at the academy. I have also been friends with Fleur since childhood as well. Right. Most importantly, I don't have a posse that follows me around and does my dirty work. Surely, I wouldn't be antagonized and harmed by them, right?

Even with all of my reasoning and justifications, it didn't ease the anxiety I was feeling in my stomach.

Somehow, it just felt like something would go wrong. I just didn't know what.

21 March x033

Author's note:
Lately I've been venturing into different genres lately and I've really been enjoying some stories with the yandere tag. I know, I know.
They're kind of fun to read...well depending. I don't think I can ever dive too deep into the yandere stuff, though. I think it's too intense for me.
I cringe from a lot of things.
I tried watching the k-drama Nevertheless earlier, but I couldn't get passed the first episode. I love Song Kang (I mean, who doesn't?), but it just felt so strange and eerie the interactions between ML and FL. Ugh. I hate that feeling. I would say more, but I think it'll be a bit of spoiling though it's not much.
Anyways...let's move on to a lighter note. I think I'm starting to get more in the mood to write. Maybe it's because I recently got a PC, so I'm destressing (by grinding on Genshin Impact--still f2p, but I may lose myself soon if I finish battle pass). It just feels so satisfying to type and hear the sound of my keyboard.

Question:
It's starting~! It's starting~!
Will Isa return or will she remain MIA? Predictions?

Discord:
https://discord.gg/Qz5XJP2mPc
(link also in bio)

26.7.2021