[ 3.26 ] - Intermediate: Two Months

Intermediate: Two Months

[ 3.26 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

For the next few days, I didn't go to school. The main reason being were that my eyes were so swollen my face became unrecognizable.

My mother flatly declined that I leave the house until the swelling went down and I held no objections either.

When I returned to school, I held a cheerful smile as I faced my three closest friends.

Although Isa had been ignoring Litheon for the past two months, she seemed to finally be lightening up—or more specifically, she was so worried about me she hadn't bothered with the fact that Litheon stood right besides her.

"What happened, Ryn? You never miss school!" Isa exclaimed as she lifted my face and continuously checked my body's condition. I could only helplessly smile.

"My mother would not allow me to leave the estate when she saw that mosquitoes bit my eyes swollen. Luckily the swelling went down quickly or else I wouldn't dare come at all."

Both Isa and Litheon burst out in laughter, but soon the laughter died. As if she just noticed a pest, Isa turned, eyed Litheon up and down with disgust and sneered. On the other hand, Litheon just watched her with an awkward smile, but his eyes seemed a bit complicated as he faced her.

I decided to turn my attention to Xael who didn't seem to have any reaction, but when I turned, I saw him staring right at me. His brows were slightly furrowed and his lips were pursed together. I gave him a smile, but he did not react and instead turned his attention towards Isa and Litheon who began bickering—or in specific, Litheon was pleading Isa who was just about ready to beat him up.

It was a first to see such a scene, and luckily there was no one else around to see it.

"Please, it's been two months! Let's talk it out."

Isa watched him with contempt, as if she was looking at garbage and clicked her tongue.

"Talk? You think I'd want to talk with you?" She scoffed. "If you want to talk, talk, but don't talk to me."

Seeing Isa's stubbornness, Litheon became visibly less and less patient. With a huff, he tells her, "You're being childish."

Isa became silent as she watched him. Her face was red from rage and could no longer bear to look at him.

"Ryn, let's go. Let's not let the trash stick to us."

Without restraint, I was pulled away and could only look back to see Litheon's back trembled with anger and his hands clenched into fists. Xael just stood there and spoke a few words to him before glancing over to meet my eyes and then turning back to Litheon.

I no longer paid attention to them and instead focused my attention on Isa who was dragging me towards the private kitchen in the salon.

"What did Leon do to make you so angry with him? Especially for two whole months?"

I was genuinely curious, and felt as though it would be better for her to let off some steam and tell someone about it. Of course, if she didn't wish to speak on it, I would respect her wishes. But it seems she could no longer hold it in.

As soon as we arrived to our destination, once the door closed shut, she exploded.

22 June x029

Author's note:
I'm nearing the end of applications but I still have so much to do. I gotta get on it!
I know that by the time I post this, I should be mostly done with my applications, but I just want to say I'm getting closer to coming back! To be honest, I had contemplated dropping this story, BUT!!! I've come to far to give up now! I've gotta prove to myself that I can finish this! And I don't want to let you guys hanging, especially with the juicy details in my head! I will continue!
(edit: I have finished most of my applications, so many essays were written I'm pooped T-T)

Since I didn't realize my link to discord didn't work, I will resort to you guys messaging me.

Question:
Next chapter you will finally find out what went on between Isa and Litheon. Any guesses? P.S. It's not going to be so simple :)

19.11.2020