37

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT + R E A D  T H E  A / N!!! THANK YOU ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Ophelia's pov
"Hi mama." I whispered as I walked into her apartment, giving her a warm hug. She hugged me back, smiling brightly.

"Please, darling, come in." She said and I walked in, sitting down on her couch.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? I can make you something."

"I'm okay Mom, thank you for offering though." I said and she shook her head.

"Nonsense, let me make you your favorite batch of cookies. Come in the kitchen." She said and I sighed annoyingly as I walked in, sitting down at the kitchen counter. She started taking out of the ingredients.

"Mom, I-I didn't know who to go to." I said and she turned around, giving me a slightly worried look.

"What?"

"Cindy's back." I said and her shoulders relaxed, a frown on her face.

"Like back? Like in San Francisco?" She asked and I nodded. She put the ingredients down, and gave me a huge hug.

"I'm sorry honey."

"Erich wants to choose me, but my mom I can't let him do that."

"Well, why not?"

"Because biologically, Cindy is Nikolai's mother, and Erich is Nikolai's father. They should be together." I explained and she shook her head no.

"It doesn't always work like that, Ophelia."

"But it could with them! Cindy wants to try, and Nikolai might have a chance at having a real family." I said and she shook her head no. She started putting in ingredients, and I sighed.

"Plus I have to go back to college soon." I said and she winced.

"Damn, how does Erich feel about that?"

"Awful, he wants me to transfer to a school in San Francisco."

"Then why not do it? You have your family here, and your soulma-"

"He's NOT my soulmate mom." I cut her off, and she sighed.

"Okay, well I think you should transfer because you have your family and boyfriend here." She said and I sighed. She started mixing the ingredients in the bowl.

"Mom, I'm going to the best nursing school in the country...I-I can't just leave it!"

"Then go back to Pennsylvania."

"But I can't do that! E-Erich-" She stopped me, by grabbing my hands.

"Answer this question for me, What matters to you more, You're career or your romantic life?" She asked and I blinked a few times, exhaling.

"My career." I answered, and she nodded.

"There's your answer." She said and started putting the cookie dough into balls, placing them on the cookie sheet.

"Erich cares about me a lot, and I care about him too. And Nikolai as well. But Mom, Nikolai needs his mother and father, and I'm biologically not his mother."

"But that's the thing darling, sometimes It doesn't matter who had the child, it matters that the child has a parent, or parents, that love them unconditionally." She said, and stuck the cookies in the oven. I ran my hands through my hair.

"You're really not helping." I muttered and she laughed, running her hands through a dishrag.

"Do you love Erich?" She asked, leaning herself on the counter, her elbows propping her up.

"Yes, without a doubt."

"Would you transfer to a college which is still great, but a little worse then the college you currently go to?"

"Of course not. My career matters more."

"Then go back to Pennsylvania, baby." She said and I nodded.

"I'm going to go back to Pennsylvania." I whispered. She nodded, and smiled.

"Mom I have to go."

"No! Darling please, just wait until the cookies are done." She said and I laughed.

"How's your father?" She asked and I sighed.

"I visited him a few hours ago, They say he most likely has coronary artery disease." I said and she sighed.

"How are you doing honey?"

"I'm okay, It was just a little shock, did you visit him?"

"No, I don't think I should, you know that we aren't in a good place at the moment."

"I know." I said and suddenly she perked up.

"Why did your father send me 500,000 dollars a few weeks ago?" She asked, and I smiled.

"He's paying you back." I said and she laughed.

"It's been 7 years since we've been divorced, and all of a sudden NOW he wants to pay me back?" She asked and I sighed.

"No clue mom." I muttered and she shook her head no. She walked up to me, wrapping her hands around me tightly.

"I love you baby, I'm going to miss you, when you go back to Pennsylvania." She said and I sighed.

"I'll be back for Christmas, I promise." I said and she pulled back.

"So what's going to happen between you and Erich?" She asked, and the oven suddenly dinged. She grabbed her oven mitts, and pulled out the cookies, putting them on a cooling rack.

"I think I'm going to break up with him."

Erich's pov
I heard the sound of the door close, and immediately shot up from the couch. A very stressed and tired looking Ophelia came into my view, holding a plastic box.

"My mother made cookies." She said and looked at Nikolai, smiling brightly as she grabbed him and held him in her arms. Immediately I started thinking about her being Niko's step mom.

God..Thinking about me makes me so fucking happy.

"Here." Ophelia said and handed him a cookie. His eyes went wide as he snatched it from her hands, shoving it down his throat.

"Niko!" Ophelia exclaimed and took it from him, Niko starting to fuss. She gave it back to him, his smile slowly going up.

"I wonder how your so good with kids?" I asked and she smiled.

"I'm the oldest cousin in the family, I've babysat before, and I've always loved kids." She explained and placed Nikolai on the counter. He ate the cookie, his eyes on mine.

"Ophelia, can we talk about last night?" I asked and she sighed.

"I was hoping we could keep it off for a few weeks, like a week before I have to leave."

"Why?" I asked and she took a shaky breath.

"Because I don't want to break your heart." She whispered and I grabbed Nikolai. I took him to the living room.

"Stay here, Don't move." I said and he turned his attention towards the tv. I walked back into the kitchen, seeing Ophelia.

"Tell me, so I know what to expect." I asked and she didn't respond. I walked up to her, starting to caress her cheek. She pushed my hand away lightly.

"I'm going back to Pennsylvania." She whispered, and I held in my breath.

"W-What?"

"I'm sorry, Erich." She said and I swallowed.

"So what's going to happen to us?" I asked and she sighed heavily, like she didn't want to say it.

"I'm breaking up with you Erich."

A/N
Raise ur hand if ur pissed AF at me! DON'T WORRY, ERICH AND OPHELIA WILL BE BACK SOON! JUST FOR RIGHT NOW, THERE APART. Y'all will probably hate the next few chapters if u ship Erich and Ophelia A LOT...sorry :D. Have a good day though-Julia♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎