"Weasley." Fred, turned to greet the girl and out of the corner of his eye watched both Draco and Hermione stiffen. He almost reached back and grabbed Hermione, who had dropped his arm like it had burned her. 

"Susan." Fred greeted, he took half a step closer to Hermione but a pull to his elbow forced him back towards Susan. He nearly slammed against his front, but a quick dig of his heels in the hardwood prevented that from happening. 

"How are you-" but Susan was cut off by two things.

The first being Hermione's hand sliding around Fred's waist, pulling him to her and Draco opening his mouth.

"I've gotten a job offering to work with Potter." Draco stumbled out, sharing something about himself for the first time in the whole half hour they had been talking.

"What?" Hermione stumbled out, her hand tightening on Fred's waist, though she wasn't conscious of it.

"You are joking?" Fred asked, unconsciously enjoying the feeling of Hermione's arm wrapped around him.

"Fred, I-" Susan started again but Draco spoke louder.

"Yes! I um helped with recent case of his, and he said he saw promise in me. Whatever that bloody hell means, it is Potter after all. I interview in a couple weeks." Draco shuffled from one foot to the other, and though Fred wouldn't tell a soul, a smile had formed on Draco's lips. He had also never seen a Malfoy so nervous. 

"Draco, that's amazing!" Hermione rushed out, she raised her glass to clink with his and Fred rushed to join in.

"An Auror, cheers to that Malfoy!" Fred grinned, and soon they were all slamming back their drinks.

Not taking a moment to realize Susan had sulked away. However Fred did bring notice to Hermione's arm around his waist, by pressing his hip into hers just slightly, giving that little pressure of acknowledgement. 

"I want everyone to share one thing they hated about today." Henry spoke, spinning in his swivel chair as he addressed the group. Fred felt like running out and kicking the swiveling chair, sending Henry sprawling to the ground but he remained seated. 

They had finished dinner, and been happily plumped with pie. They had all been eager to turn in when Henry had waltzed into the room with a 'fun activity'.

"Mr. Longbottom and Ms. Lovegood." Henry waved his hand at the couple, and Fred found himself smiling at their intertwined hands.

Hermione had released Fred once she realized Susan had disappeared, and Fred found himself nearly wishing she'd return. But instead he fell into an excited conversation with Draco about his future career.

"I hated...when I accidentally set a towel on fire today." Neville spoke, and Luna giggled next to him.

"He was trying to make me tea, I hated how flustered he got." Luna answered, a few girls cooed but a snort drifted everyone's attention to Seamus.

"I bloody well hated sitting on the front steps of my cabin for four hours today!" Seamus snapped, crossing his arms over his chest. Pansy huffed with an annoyance, and fixed Henry with a glare.

"I hate when someone makes my tea wrong." Pansy shrugged, as if this was a perfectly normal reason to kick someone out. Fred had half a mind to agree with her. 

"I thought I'd be nice and make you tea! Now I know how bloody wrong I was!" Seamus argued, and Pansy rolled her eyes. Turning to Seamus to grin at him, the same toothy grinned she used to present right when she was about to hex someone in the Hogwart's corridors. Draco knew it well.