14. Magical Law

Hermione stared at the big white bus they were all about to board with a frown on her face. She had been content sitting on the couch and reading her books. In fact, she had been more than content if she was being honest. Fred had dicked off into the woods somewhere, leaving her alone for the first time in what felt like ages.

"You going to stare at it all day, or get on the bus with me?" Hermione jumped as Fred came to stand beside her. Nudging her gently with his shoulder, Hermione stepped away to turn her frown to him.

"I don't want to go." Hermione stated simply, causing Fred's eyes to roll.

"Their will be animals, you like animals." Fred sighed, he reached for her bicep to pull her and she stepped away at the same time.

Fred let his fingers trail down her arm as she moved, as they landed in her hand he grasped it tightly and yanked. Hermione flew into his side, stumbling on her feet so Fred used that to his advantage and tugged them towards the bus.

"Fred! Fred" Fred lifted his gaze as he boarded the bus to see Pansy waving excitedly, Seamus was already asleep leaning against the window. She gestured to an empty seat beside her, and Fred tugged Hermione along towards it.

"Fred." Hermione whined quietly, trying to tug her hand from his but he refused, only grasping it harder in his.

Fred sat down in the seat first, then pulled Hermione down next to him nearly landing her in his lap. He then leaned around Hermione, and beamed at Pansy.

"Good morning Parkinson." Fred greeted, but Pansy's grin quickly fell into a frown.

"How do you know my last name?" She asked, eyes narrowed. A gentle laugh floated over the seat in front of Fred, so Fred peered over it to see Draco sitting there.

"I told him Pans, he wanted to know who your parents were." Draco shrugged, but Pansy inhaled sharply and shook her head quickly.

"I haven't seen them since the battle, I am no longer affiliated with the Parkinson values, I'm-" Pansy began rambling, leaning forward to grasp Hermione's other arm. Giving Hermione the chance to shake her hand from Fred's, and turn towards Pansy.

"Woah woah, only curious. I wasn't assuming anything. Promise." Fred reassured, glancing down to see Hermione's hands firmly folded and shoved between her legs.

"Good, Weasley." Pansy laughed to herself, before gesturing towards Draco. "Where's Theo?" She asked, scrunching her eyebrows confused.

"He's coming." Draco gestured towards the front of the bus. Fred watched as the man he recognized as speaking to Hermione and Pansy yesterday moved towards them, beaming at Hermione as he went.

"Hermione! Lovely to see you again!" He greeted, sliding into the seat beside Draco. Fred glanced at them confused, before turning to look at Hermione. She had a blush evident on her cheeks, causing Fred's stomach to churn uncomfortably. With the rumors that were circulating from what Draco had told him, this would only add fuel to the fire.

"Theodore." Hermione greeted with a nod, causing Pansy to chuckle under her breath.

Fred used this opportunity to move closer to Hermione, flushing their shoulders against each other and look at Theo over the seats.

"Hi Theodore, I'm Fred. Fred Weasley." Fred raised a hand to shake his, and Theo was quick to grasp their hands together and shake firmly.

"I know who you are, you own that shop in Diagon Alley right?" Theo asked, turning in his seat to face Fred better. What Fred could not see was Draco and Theo's knees pressed together, nor Draco's hand now splayed over Theodore's thigh.