Chapter 13

Mia's POV

"This song is perfect," Maria says, handing me back my notebook.

Today I've gone back to the studio to meet with Maria and hopefully record some of my new song. Luke has taken Ali out for the day so I can completely focus on work.

"I was hoping you would like it," I tell her with a grin. She has been telling me I need a sappy love song next and I would say this is my twist on a love song.

"Well let's begin," she claps her hands together. I start singing part of it while we play around with the background music. It's going to be a long process but in the end it will be worth it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Honey I'm home," I yell as I walk in the front door of my apartment. It's always nice to get home after a long day at the studio.

"In here," Luke calls from the living room.

I pad over to the sofa where he is lying and watching the television.

"How was work?" He asks as he pulls me down on top of him.

"Tiring but good," I say pecking his lips. "How was your day with with Ali?"

"Great we went and saw a movie and then got ice cream," he smiles. His eyes light up every time he talks about Ali and it makes my heart flutter.

"Sounds like fun," I say. "Speaking of Ali, where is she?" I ask curiously.

"She's playing in her room," he answers me.

"Can you promise me something?" Luke speaks up breaking the silence.

"Sure."

"That you'll stay with me through all the stupid things I have done and probably will do to you in the future because I can't live without you or Ali," he admits.

"I promise I'll stay with you if you stay with me when I make dumb mistakes." I reply.

"I promise."

We lie there in silence for a couple minutes before Ali burst into the room.

"What's up little A?" Luke chuckles.

"Nothing much big D," she giggles.

"What can I say I do have a big D," he whispers in my ear. "Don't you agree?"

"Did you teach her to say that?" I gasp but end up laughing.

Luke shakes his head at the same time Ali nods her head.

"Oh my gosh," I laugh and climb off Luke.

"Ali you weren't supposed to tell her," he fake frowns at her.

"Sorry daddy," she huffs.

I pull out my phone and log onto Twitter and compose a new tweet.

@Mia_harris: @luke_brooks is my one and only <3

I immediately get a reply from Luke.

@Luke_brooks: I may be young and stupid now but one day I'm going to be old and wise and you will be by my side <3 @mia_harris

I decide to reply one more time.

@Mia_harris: you are young and stupid and probably will be old and stupid but thats okay babe @luke_brooks

"You're probably right," Luke chuckles as he throws his phone onto the couch.

"I'm always right," I smirk.

"Trust me I know," he rolls his eyes.

I wink at him before walking into the kitchen.

I start to prepare a lasagna for dinner and I assume Luke is staying like always.

"You staying tonight?" I call out to Luke.

"Yeah," he replies, walking into the kitchen.

"You practically live here," I chuckle as I put the lasagna in the oven.

"I just can't stand being away from my girls," he smirks.

"You might as well just move in," I tell him.

"That would be a great idea except I'm leaving for LA next month and I want you two to join me," he says with a hopeful expression on his face.

"Hmmmm we'll talk about this later," I say, snaking my arm around his waist.

"Suit yourself," he connects our lips in a short and sweet kiss.

I'm not sure how I feel about packing up and moving to America. On one side it could really benefit my career but I would have to move half way across the world away from my family and most of my friends.

This is really going to take some thinking.

Hopefully I'll make the right decision.