Chapter 55

Mia's POV

"I'm taking Ali out for ice cream," Luke says, popping his head into Jace's room before he disappears.

"Okay," I sigh. We've been home from the hospital for three weeks now and during those three weeks Luke hasn't even changed a single diaper. He's been going out almost every day with the boys, Ali or sometimes just by himself. He's had many boys nights which consists of clubbing, partying and of course drinking so the days he is home he's usually hungover, tired or both. To say I'm sick of his behaviour is an understatement.

Once I've finished changing Jace, I carry him out and place him next to his sleeping sister on the baby rug that Gina gave us for Ali many years ago.

I then pad into the kitchen to make myself some lunch. I scan the empty cupboards with no success so I settle on the leftover chicken pasta in the refrigerator.

After heating that up I make my way back into the living room where my sleeping children are. I flick the television on and start watching an episode of Geordie Shore. I'm interrupted half way through the episode by a knock on the door. I open the door to find my best friend from back home, India, standing in my door way.

"No way," I scream, wrapping my arms around her.

"I've missed you way too much," she laughs.

"The feeling is mutual," I smile, letting her come inside and closing the door behind her.

We've been texting the last few weeks and she promised she would come meet the twins soon but I didn't think she was meaning this soon.

"They're beautiful," She gushes. "Just like their mummy of course," she gives me a wink. Same old India.

I let out a chuckle before gently picking up Skye and handing her to India.

"Oh my goodness," she smiles.

"So what brings you to this neck of the woods?" I laugh, taking a seat next to her on the sofa.

"Brad and I are going to New York for three weeks and we have a connecting flight from here tomorrow," she tells me, not taking her eyes off Skylar the entire time.

"I remember Brad, he's been around for a while," I raise my eyebrows. "Where is he right now?"

"Over four years now and he has friends in LA so he's visiting them right now," she smiles.

"I'm so happy for you."

"What about you and Mr Brooks, how's that going?"

"Well I've barely seen him since the birth of these two," I admit. "I thought we were going good but not sure now."

"You've barely seen him?!" She exclaims. "I've seen some stuff on magazines and gossip sites but I never thought they were real."

"Trust me, everything is one hundred times more complicated when children are involved," I give her a weak smile.

"Mia, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to remember."

"Thanks Indie," I smile. "Hopefully once all this stress from having two newborns and a toddler is gone we'll go back to being normal."

"You two are the strongest couple I know," she says. "You've had so many bumps along the road and you still manage to find your way back to each other and make it work."

"I guess we do," I chuckle.

"I think you just need to talk to Luke about being here for his children and of course being here for you because you need his support," she tells me. "Being twenty one and having three kids is a massive challenge, you two have had to grow up so much in the last couple of years."