Chapter 78

Mia's POV

"Come in," Luke playfully splashes water towards me.

"I will soon," I glance over at him before returning my gaze to the magazine in my hands. Last night Luke stayed over and right now he is in splashing about in the pool with the kids while I sunbathe and flick through various fashion magazines.

"Daddy catch me," Ali squeals before jumping into Luke's arms.

"That was a big jump Ali," he chuckles, handing her the pool noodle to help her float. He then swims over to Jace and Skylar, who are both in floaties and floating mindlessly around the pool.

"I think we should get mum to come in," I hear him tell the kids. Next thing I know, all four of them are surrounding me and Luke has me scooped me into his arms before I even realise.

"Luke put me down," I wriggle in his grip. I hear a chuckle escape his mouth as he gets closer to the edge of the pool. Suddenly he leaps forward, plunging both of us into the cold water.

"You're a dick," I laugh once we resurface.

"It was Ali's idea," he points at our five year old daughter.

"Was not!" She defends herself. "It was all daddy."

"I know princess," I chuckle, swimming over to Luke and playfully pushing his head under water.

"Trying to drown me?" Luke laughs once he's resurfaced. "You can't get rid of me that easy." He swims over to me and places his hands under my thighs, lifting me up. I wrap my legs tightly around his torso and my arms are laced loosely around his neck.

"Good because I don't want to get rid of you again," I tell him. "Ever."

My words bring a smile onto his face before he leans forward and attaches our lips for a short but passionate kiss. Our kiss is interrupted by water getting splashed at us. We pull away to find a giggling Ali.

"Lets get her," I say teasingly, swimming over to her with Luke following closely behind me. Ali lets out a squeal before diving under the water and swimming to the opposite side of the pool.

Luke continues chasing Ali around the pool, eventually catching her and tickling her before she climbs on top of his shoulders while I sit on the pool stairs with Jace and Skye splashing about in each of my arms.

It's days like this that I've missed the most.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Babe, I'm leaving now." I lean down to tell a sleepy Luke. "I should be back in a few hours."

"Give me a kiss," he puckers his lips, his eyes still closed. I let out a small giggle before placing my lips gently on his.

I grab my phone off the night stand and give Luke one last goodbye before leaving our house.

Yes, our house.

Luke moved back in last week and to say the kids were thrilled is an understatement. And I have to admit I was quite happy with the new living arrangements myself. I just hope everything will stay this good.

Right now I'm on my way to a local radio station where I have an interview scheduled. I groan to myself as the early morning LA traffic comes to a halt. I spend almost twenty minutes slowly weaving my way through the busy traffic before I finally arrive at the station. When I arrive I'm greeted by Maria and the talk show hosts, Andy and Steph.

"And we are back with Mia Harris live in the studio," Steph says into her microphone.

"Hi everyone," I speak with a small chuckle.