Chapter 76

Mia's POV

"Who are you with Mia?" Luke says into the phone, not answering my question. "Mia?" He frantically says when I don't reply.

"I'm with Kendall and Scott," I giggle. "Who are you with? Oh wait let me guess Laura."

I hear Luke sigh on the other end of the phone. "I think you need to go to bed."

~~~

I awake to sunlight burning my eyes and a pounding headache. I roll over to find a glass of water on my bedside table. I mentally thank whoever put it here as I take a big gulp. I lie in bed for a few minutes before I manage to drag myself out to find some painkillers. Once I've taken something for my headache, I pour myself another big glass of water before I make my way back into my bedroom to find my phone. During my search for it, the familiar ring tone fills the rooms making me wince but also revealing the location of my phone. I pick up the vibrating iPhone and see that Luke is calling me. Weird I think to myself but click answer anyway.

"Hello," I try my best to sound like I'm not hungover.

"Hey," Luke's raspy morning voice fills my ears. "I was just calling to check you got home alright last night."

"Uh yeah I vaguely remember Kendall and Scott bringing me home," I chuckle lightly. "How'd you know I was out?"

"You called me last night," he chuckles causing me to wince once again.

"Oh sorry."

"It's fine."

"Did I say anything remotely interesting?" I ask, raking my brain for any memory of talking to Luke last night.

He waits a few seconds before answering. "Nope, you were just asked how the holiday was going." He chuckles.

"Oh okay," I say, relieved I didn't say anything bad.

"Well I was ringing to check up on you," he awkwardly says. "But I should get going because I think I can hear Jace running around the other room." He chuckles.

"Okay, enjoy the rest of the holiday." I speak into the receiver.

"Thank you, enjoy your peace and quiet." He replies. "And your hangover," he adds with a chuckle. We then exchange goodbyes before the line goes dead. I then drag myself into the bathroom where I wash last nights makeup, which is now smudged, off my face. I then change into a pair of sweats and a loose black Dirty Pig tee shirt. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and I make my way back onto to the couch where I think I will spend the rest of my day.

~~~

"We are about two hours away," Courtney's voice says through the phone.

"I'm just heading to the studio so give me a call when you arrive home and I'll come by and get them," I say.

"Okay see you then." She ends the call and I place my phone back onto the passenger seat as I shift my focus onto the busy LA road. As soon as I arrive a the studio, we are straight into recording. They want this song finished and ready for realise before Wednesday which is in two days.

"Till the day I die," I sing for the fifth time in a row.

"Perfect," Jeff gives me a thumbs up to my relief. We spend the next few hours re-recording bits and piece of the song while Jeff mixes Luke and I's voice to create a perfect melody.

"I think we've done it," Jeff says, pushing one final button on his Laptop. I let out a cheer as I hang up my headphones and leave the booth. Maria stands up and pulls me into a hug.