Chapter 56

Mia's POV

"Shhh," I coo in baby Jace's ear. I can hear Luke's cusses from downstairs and things being smashed. When Jace is asleep I place him back into his crib and make my downstairs, bracing for the worst.

"I'll buy a new vase," Luke says as our eyes meet. I turn to see the glass vase now shattered on the floor.

"I'm not worried about that," I assure him, standing in the doorway.

"Why do you look scared?" His eyes soften. I shrug my shoulders. I'm not scared of Luke as I know he would never hurt me but I'm unsure of what to do.

"Come here," he motions for me to come sit in his lap. I cautiously make my way over there. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.

"I'm sorry," he says, his voice cracking.

I don't say anything, just wipe away the tear rolling down his cheek.

"I need you so much Mia," he admits. "And the children, I'm nothing with you all."

"We need you as well Luke," I tell him. "But we need you all the time, not just some of time."

He nods. We sit there in silence for a few minutes just holding each other for the first time in weeks.

"So are you in or out?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I'm fucking scared but I'm ready to be the man you deserve and the father the children deserve," he gives me a weak smile.

"I love you," I turn my head and connect our lips in a short and sweet kiss.

"Tonight we are going out as a family," he announces.

"With two one month olds?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"We'll manage," he smiles.

"Okay," I say, leaning back onto his chest.

"Smile babe," he says, holding up his phone. I decide to poke my tongue out as he clicks the camera button.

"This one is cute," I tell him as he swipes through the photos. The one I liked I have my tongue out, nose scrunched up and eyes closed and Luke has a cute smile on his face.

"That one it is then," he opens up Twitter and I watch him compose a new tweet for that photo.

@luke_brooks: My queen. Xx  

"That's a little bit cute," I giggle. 

"Just like you," he says picking me up bridal style and carrying me up into our bedroom.

"You look tired," he tells me.

"So do you," I say as he places me down on my side of our bed. 

Luke climbs into the bed beside me and wraps his arms around my waist. We both lay there in silence almost falling into a deep sleep until we were both awaken by a babies cry. I sigh and go to get up when Luke stops me.

"I've got this one," he says, getting up.

I roll over and fall into a deep slumber with a smile on my face.

I awake a few hours later to find a snoring Luke beside me. I manage to wriggle out of Luke's grip without waking him. I check my phone and find three missed calls from Jai. I dial his number as I make my way into Jace's room.

"Hey Mia," he answers.

"Hey, how's it going?" I ask.

"Good and you?"