Chapter 24

Mia's POV

I'm awaken by my phone ringing. I turn on the lamp and scan the room for the phone. I grab it and see that it's Luke. I notice the time is 1:43 am. What could he possibly want at this hour in the morning? I stare at the contact photo that is of Luke and I from our trip to Hawaii over three years ago. That trip seems like yesterday but in the same breath it feels like a lifetime ago. So many things have happened since that trip and if I'm honest I wouldn't change anything, all of the things we've been through make us who we are as a couple and as individuals.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Miaaaaaa," Luke slurs into the phone. I can hear the music pumping through the phone. I hold it slightly away from my face.

"Where's Ali?" I ask in a panicked voice.

"Relax she's at home with the boys," he chuckles.

"So you're out alone?"

"I'm not alone, I've made some friends," he says.

"Why did you call me in the middle of the night?" I ask him, slightly annoyed from my awakening.

"Because I wanted to talk to you," he whines.

"Well I'm going to go back to sleep," I tell him.

"Let me guess you've got a busy day at work tomorrow," he sarcastically says.

"What is your problem Luke?" I ask him in a bitter tone.

"My problem is that you like your career more than your family," he chuckles.

"Whatever Luke I'm not in the mood to argue with you," I sternly state.

"It's true then," he says.

I stay quiet.

"Fuck," he screams. I hear something crash in the background.

"Luke what's happening?" I quickly ask him.

"She fucking doesn't love me," is all I hear in response. Shit he's angry and he's drunk. This isn't a good combination.

"Where are you?" I ask him, praying that I'll get an answer.

"Why does it matter?"

Here we go with the stubborn, drunk and angry Luke Brooks.

"Please tell me Luke," I plead with him.

I get silence in return before he disconnects the call. I groggily pull on a pair of yoga tights and an oversized hoodie. I slip on my converse and throw my hair up in a messy bun. I call Beau as soon as I get into my car to find out where Luke is. At first he isn't too happy with his wake up but then says he thinks he went to a club called Galaxy.

I type it into my phone and drive as fast as I can there. When I arrive I see the entrance crowded with security and a very long line. I park a couple blocks away and walk up to the front of the line just as I'm about to enter a security guard steps in front of me.

"I need to get in there," I try my best to come off as sweet instead of demanding but it isn't working for me.

The security guard chuckles and points to the back of the line.

"Please my boyfriend is in there and needs me," I beg.

"Okay," he says much to my surprise. He steps aside and let's me inside.

"Thank you so much," I thank him and quickly go inside before he changes his mind.

I scan the club for one very familiar face. I spot him on the dance floor with some girl grinding on him. Tears threaten to fall but fight them back. I knows he in a very drunken state but I can't help be hurt.