Chapter 12: Work Studies

ابدأ من البداية

Midoriya walked around Hosu for most of the morning, trying to find Gran Torino's house, where his work studies will take place at. Luna was up and walking, helping Midoriya by checking up further ahead.

Stepping into a small alleyway, Midoriya let himself be consumed by the shadows. Screw the rules. This is taking too long. No one will see me anyways. Now being able to move much quicker, it only took another half an hour to find Gran Torino's house.

Midoriya gently knocked on the door, and was met with silence. Concerned for the old hero, Midoriya gently opened the door and stepped inside.

Dodging Gran Torino's efforts to hit him, Midoriya made his way into the house. After fully exploring the house, Midoriya went back to the front door and did a flip in midair, dodging Gran Torino's final attack.

"Excellent. Good reflexes, the ability to stay calm in sudden situations, and being able to discretely set up attacks." Gran Torino said with approval as he dodged Midoriya's attempt to capture him with a web made of shadows.

"You have also cultivated your quirk, using it in many creative ways that normal people would not think of." Grand Torino also dodged the blobs of shadows that Midoriya threw at his way, and aimed a kick at Midoriya who easily dodged it. This attack-and-dodge fight went on for another few minutes.

"Your stamina levels are high, and your attacks are random with no specific pattern." Gran Torino finally says, ending the 'fight'. "Reading about your quirk and skills, most of your skills are attack or hide. I think you can use your quirk for tracking and identifying people as well." Gran Torino finishes and flops onto the couch. "Now please go pick up some taiyaki. That will be our lunch. I will explain after we eat."

Midoriya stepped outside and was met with a blast of cool air. The wind was strong and Midoriya could feel Luna shivering in his hoodie. Midoriya took off his hoodie and wrapped it around Luna, then hugged the hoodie close. The icy wind stung his arms but Luna was warm, and that was all that mattered.

Midoriya ran quickly to the market and was freed from the winter cold for a few minutes. Then he was blasted again as he walked out. This time, he walked slower so he can memorize some parts of the city.

Midoriya stopped at a nearby cafe and got a coffee. He liked the coffee Shinsou gave him that morning so he decided to get another cup.

"Midoriya!" Midoriya was warming up his fingers and saw Todoroki and Endeavor heading his way.

"Midoriya! What are you doing without a jacket on!" Todoroki says in an annoyed tone. "You're going to freeze to death."

Luna was shivering, so I wrapped her up in my hoodie. Midoriya signed as Todoroki took off his own jacket and put it around Midoriya. Aren't you going to be cold?

"No. My quirk makes me a lot more resistant to cold. Next time bring an extra hoodie." Todoroki finished putting his jacket on Midoriya.

Endeavor looked at Midoriya, scrutinizing his small size and childish features. "Shouto, who is this?" Endeavor growled. A few passerbys stopped to stare for a bit. It was cold, so there wasn't many people out.

"My friend." Todoroki said in a cold tone. "Leave him alone."

"So this is the infamous vigilante, Shadow." Endeavor growled. "I can't believe that you're so scrawny."

Midoriya glared at Endeavor. 'Look who's talking. The person who burned me at least a hundred times and still couldn't catch me.' Midoriya used his shadows and made floating words in front of Endeavor.

Todoroki's POV

Todoroki watched Midoriya's retreating back. He couldn't help thinking how cute Midoriya looked in his jacket. It was oversized for him of course, and the hood almost covered his eyes.