8

I picked up my buzzing phone to see a text from Riley.

Riley
just a warning, Joey might freak you tf out later

Autumn
Oh god what is he doing

Riley
not allowed to tell you
just giving you a warning so you don't literally die

Autumn
The mystery of this is more stressful than whatever it could be

Riley
ehhhhh depends
anyways bye gl

Autumn
What does good luck mean????

Not long after my strange interaction with Riley, Joey invited me to join him on his stream as he did parkour. I checked that it was something within my limited parkour ability before joining. Luckily, he was just on CubeCraft. I decided to join, despite severely needing some sleep.

"Hey, Heather! Say hi to chat." Joey gave me his usual greeting.

I smiled. "Hey, guys." Once I logged onto the server I bugged Joey. "Can you invite me to a party?"

"Sure, yeah. We're doing the beach one." Joey sent an invite to me.

After accepting it and joining the game, I surveyed the course. "Isn't this one a medium one?"

"Yeah, I dropped down a bit for you." Joey chuckled at his own joke.

"Hah." I spoke sarcastically and started my jump towards the first ladder. This was followed by me failing every single jump for a good amount of time.

Joey was struggling the same fate. "I'm so shit at ladder parkour."

"Same. I don't think anyone's particularly good at it." I continued to repeatedly die.

"Dream." Joey suggested.

I chuckled. "He doesn't count. He's clearly not human."

Joey snickered at me. "Yeah, sure. Okay."

I fell off of another ladder and groaned. "Who needs ladders? Just get rid of em. Even in the normal gamemode. Fuck ladders."

"True, staircases are just superior." Joey was getting closer to the checkpoint.

"Bro, I'm a slut for staircases." It took me a second to process what I said before laughing at myself.

"What the hell?" Joey had completely stopped moving to laugh.

"It's true." I was still laughing and decided to double down and lean into it. "Staircases own my heart. Nothing gets me going like Minecraft staircases."

"You need to shut up right now." Joey was trying not to keep laughing. "Like, seriously, shut up."

I kept laughing. The sleep deprivation from last night might've been fueling my strange attitude.

Joey tried to steer the conversation before I made an even less appropriate joke. "How much sleep did you get last night?"

I shook my head. "Definitely not enough."

"Why were you awake?" Joey had finally completed the course and was watching me struggle. I knew he'd only give me a couple minutes before he just moved on without me finishing.