40

Clay helped me put the last bit of acoustic foam onto the wall of what was now my office. "It's so unfair that you're tall."

"If I wasn't tall, you'd be on a step ladder for this." Clay chuckled. "Be grateful for my height."

Christmas had came and went while slowly but surely everything I needed from my old apartment was shipped down to Orlando. Riley and Tyson had been huge helps packing up everything for me since I was still in Florida. It was a miracle I had gotten all of my setup down here within the month.

2021 was going to start off strong with Clay by my side. I had been on hiatus while I had been moving in with Clay, so returning to streaming would be exciting too. I'd stayed pretty consistent with joining Joey and Jameson's streams to keep myself online, though. Twitter was beginning to get suspicious of my whereabouts because I was still on my laptop. They'd find out soon enough.

Living with Clay had been amazing so far. I seemed to fall more and more in love with him every second I spent with him. From kitchen sing offs while I cooked to cuddling in our bed, Clay consistently proved himself to be one of the best people I'd ever met. He was beautiful. I'd told him it a million times and I'd tell him it a million more.

I continued to reconfigure my PC while Clay sat behind me, not helping. I looked at him. "I need help."

Clay got out of the chair and walked over. "What's up, honey?"

I smiled innocently and reached up at him. "Hug?"

He rolled his eyes at me and chuckled. "I wouldn't say that's helpful." He leaned down to give me a hug, but I stood up to meet him. I really did need a hug at the moment.

"It's helpful." I tried to convince him while I buried my head into his chest.

He rubbed my back. "Nervous about tomorrow?"

I nodded. "Nervous is an understatement."

"I'm here." Clay kissed the top of my head. "I'll always be here."

I smiled. "I know."

"You better." He joked as he half pulled away and looked at my monitors. "Are you done? It looks done."

"One more thing." I bit my lip to hold back my laughter as I sat back into my chair and pulled up my settings.

Clay leaned onto my chair and looked at my screen with curiosity. "What's that?"

I looked up at him. "Close your eyes."

He followed my instructions. "Why am I closing my eyes?"

"Because." I gave him no explanation as I changed the background on my monitors. "You can open your eyes now." I looked up at him to see his reaction.

Clay gave my screen one look before pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head while he held back laughter. "Really, Heather?"

"Yes, really." I smiled and looked back at my monitors, now filled with a picture of Clay's forehead that had been my phone background for months.

Clay looked at it again and snickered. "You're such an idiot."

"I'm your idiot, though." I smiled up at him.

"Of course." He cupped my cheek in his palm. "Now, change your background."

I laughed. "Fine." I changed it back to the picture of dandelions it had been before. "Good?"

"Perfect." Clay confirmed as he glanced to the bottom of my screen. "How is it already almost midnight?"

I looked towards the corner he was looking at. "Oh, shit. I spent way too long figuring this out."