14

When I first woke up in Dream's guest room, I was confused and afraid. My brain hadn't fully woken up yet and I forgot why or how I got there.

Once I realized where I was, I relaxed back into the bed. I was safe. I heard a bit of a noise coming from the kitchen and assumed that Dream had already woken up.

  I stood up from the bed and looked at myself in the mirror mounted on the wall. I was a complete mess. I was still wearing my clothing from yesterday and my hair, which usually laid in loose curls around my shoulders, looked like a tangled mess. This always happened with my hair, it became frizzy and almost always became a giant knot.

  I started to run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to detangle it. Was this what I had looked like when I had met Dream last night? I decided to just hope that it wasn't and move on.

  I picked my charging phone up from the bed. My lock screen was covered by a wall of notifications from both Discord and iMessage. I had multiple missed calls as well. I opened up my phone to see who had called and noticed that all of the notifications came from Joey, Riley, and Tyson. Shit.

  I didn't know who I should call back first. Riley was the first to have called me and Tyson was the last to have, but Joey had called the most times. I noticed a voicemail from Joey and immediately opened it.

  "Heather, please tell me what the hell is going on." He sounded panicked. "Please call me back. We're all worried."

  I frowned and went to call back Joey's contact. I held my phone up to my ear and listened to the ringing, praying that he would pick up. I didn't mean to worry him. I should've messaged them before I went to bed.

  After a few moments, Joey picked up. "Heather? Are you okay? Why didn't you pick up earlier?"

  "I'm okay, Joey." I tried to calm him down. "Don't worry. I'm safe. I was asleep when you called. Can you tell me what happened?"

  "Tell you what happened?" He questioned. "Can you tell me what the fuck happened? Pix left all of our chats and Riley told me what you told her yesterday."

  I was really hoping Riley wouldn't say anything to anyone else, but I couldn't stop her now. It was too late. "Joey, honey, I don't want to talk about it right now. You deserve an explanation, but I can't give it right now." Everything was slowly but surely catching up to me and making it difficult to say what had happened.

  "Well, from the sounds of it, I threw you into a fucking snake pit." Joey was still panicking, guilt clear in his tone.

  I sighed. "Please, don't blame yourself. There's no way you could've known." I couldn't handle hurting someone else I loved.

  "Can you at least tell me where you are?" He just wanted answers so that he could beat himself up over them.

  I glanced up at the window to the left of me, showing the street that Dream lived on. "Dream's house."

  "I'm sorry, what?" His voice was barely audible.

  "I'm at Dream's house." I repeated myself.

  "Wha- Why are you in Dream's house? How are you in Dream's house?" His tone made me feel even worse about the situation. I really was worrying him.

  "That's part of the story. He picked me up." I tried my best to explain what had happened without upsetting myself. "You said that Pixie left all of our chats?"

  "Yes, but we're not moving on that easily." I couldn't tell how he was feeling anymore. "How are you at his house?"

  I heard a light knock on the guest room's door and looked over as Dream spoke from the other side in a rather quiet tone. "Heather? You awake?"