30

I got out of the car and noticed Clay had already taken all of my things from his backseat. I turned to see him making his way to his door and frowned. "Clay! Let me help you." I rushed over and tried to grab my suitcase for him.

  He moved it out of my grasp. "Nope. You're the guest. Guest gets to grab the keys from my pocket and open the door for me, since my hands are sort of full."

  I rolled my eyes at him. "If you'd let me help you, your hands wouldn't be full."

  "Not backing down on this one." He insisted with a smile.

  I scoffed, smiling. "Whatever, stubborn ass. Which pocket?"

  "Hoodie." He answered as he walked ahead.

  "I can't grab the keys if you keep walking." I laughed and stopped him by shoving my hand into his hoodie pocket. I fished the keys out and held them up as I approached the door. "Which one?" I looked at the two metal keys, disregarding his car keys. I noticed the third piece of metal and started smiling. It was my keychain.

  "Silver one." He clearly didn't notice that I had spotted his keychain. I knew he would've said something if he had.

  I continued to smile as I unlocked the door for him, holding it open. "Ladies first." I teased.

  Clay snickered at me and walked through the door. "What a gentleman." He mocked me.

  "Oh, you know it." I walked into his house behind him and closed the door, watching him keep moving towards the stairs. "Now, will you let me help you? Please?"

  He picked up the suitcase and started walking up the stairs. "Nope. You packed light anyways."

  "Not as light as last time." I joked as I walked up the stairs behind him. I watched him take a step past the guest room, pausing for a second. What was he doing?

  He turned to me. "Sorry. Which room?"

So, that's what he was doing. He was taking my things to his room. "Your room?" In my nerves, I phrased it as more of a question. I wasn't sure if he was just moving out of instinct or if he actually wanted me to stay in his room.

The smile that took over his face answered my question. "Yeah. My room works." He nodded and kept moving towards his room.

I walked in behind him as he set my things in a neat pile next to the wall. I looked at his bed and my eyes lit up. "Hello, I missed you." I cooed at Patches, who leaned into my touch once I was close enough. She let out a quiet purr as I pet her, sitting at the edge of Clay's bed.

  "I get the feeling you might've missed her more than you missed me." Clay joked as he sat down next to me, more behind me because of how I was sitting.

  I looked over my shoulder at him with a teasing smile. "Oh, 100%. Clay who?"

  He raised an eyebrow at me with a mischievous smile. "Oh, you're gonna regret that one." Before I could escape he wrapped his legs around me, trapping me, and started tickling me.

  I burst into a fit of giggles and yelps trying to escape from his grasp, scaring Patches off of the bed in the process. "Clay! I was kidding! Stop it!"

  He stopped tickling me and I caught my breath as he put his head on my shoulder. "Were you really though?" He mumbled in my ear.

  He started tickling me again before I could even respond and once again I was in a fit of laughter trying to wrestle my way out of his grasp. "Yes! I was kidding! Now, stop!" I yelled through my giggles.