Introduction

I heard the noise indicating someone had joined my call and looked at the names in the top left of my screen and smiled. "Hey, Joey! How's your day?"

"It's good so far. I've got a package that came in." Joey sounded super excited. "Do you know if anyone's online?"

I switched to Discord and looked at the grayed out names. "I think it's just me. I know for sure Tyson's at work and Pix had something to do. You might be able to catch Jameson, but that's it. Raymond and AJ probably aren't gonna be on today. Why?"

"What about Dom and Riley? Jameson's out with a friend." Joey ignored my question.

I checked the time, 7pm. "It's 1am over there. Dom's not gonna be up. As for Riley, either work or boyfriend. Guess you're stuck with me. What's the package? What'd you impulse buy?"

"Wait wait, give me a second." He left the call and joined back a minute or two later. "Hear the difference?"

I smiled. "You got a new mic! You sound all professional."

He switched his camera on and pulled the mic a bit closer to his face. "I feel professional. Look how fancy I am."

"You should be streaming with that thing." I joked.

Joey laughed and shook his head. "What would I even be streaming? Minecraft?"

My smile widened at the idea. "Absolutely. We already spend so much time on our worlds."

He shook his head again. "Too bad I don't have the personality for it."

I scoffed. "Alright, sure."

-+-

I checked my phone as I walked back into my house after work and noticed a notification from Tyson.

Ty
get on Discord
Joey did a thing

Autumn
Coming

I made my way upstairs and opened my laptop. I looked at the server and noticed three people in general: Joey, Pix, and Tyson. I joined and waited for my audio to connect. "Hello, everyone."

"Hey, Heather!" Pixie greeted me.

"Hey, Autumn. Joey should be back in a second." Tyson turned her camera on so that I could see her room.

I spotted something in the background. "Is that my water bottle? When did I leave that?"

Tyson turned in her chair a bit. "Oh, that. Yeah you left it in my car. I'll give it back at work."

"I'm back." Joey unmuted himself.

"Welcome back. What'd you do?" I questioned Tyson's earlier message.

"Oh! Hey, Heather. Yeah, I got a new monitor!" He seemed super excited. "Now I've got two."

"Well, now you really have no excuse not to stream." I joked. At this point, I really was convinced he should. The joke had been going for over a month now and I was beginning to see him actually doing it.

"Fine. Here." I could hear Joey's mouse click something.

"Wait? Really?" Tyson was just as surprised as I was.

He began streaming him playing Overwatch on Discord. "There. Streaming."

"You know that's not what I meant." I rolled my eyes at his joke.