"She died young in France. Car accident," the woman said and Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows together.

Oh.

"I'm sorry," he said, genuinely.

The woman nodded, "yes, poor child."

Silence fell upon them after, with Jungkook still had his eyes on the picture of the twins. They look lovely in the picture. Genuinely happy. His gaze shifted to Samarah. He had never met nor interacted with the girl before, but somehow he could tell that her smile in this particular picture was different compared to the ones he'd seen on the tabloids and magazines.

"You should soon agree. The sooner you do, the sooner we can start preparing," Jungkook's train of thoughts came to an end when the woman behind him spoke again. What a pushy woman! He could only think. She's determined to have this marriage happen.

He turned his body around, facing the woman. "You know Madame, if you push the arrangement continuously down my throat, I might actually tell you my answer right now. And unfortunately, my answer would not be in favor of you."

The woman smiled knowingly, which didn't sit well with Jungkook.

"If you say so, I'd talk to your father about this then. I'm sure he has a way of persuading you into agreeing," Olivia told him.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm simply saying, I'm looking forward to being your mother-in-law," She chuckled before leaving him there to ponder.

Jungkook paused his reminiscent of their first meeting, sighing in defeat. One thing he had realized then, Olivia is a manipulative woman. True to the woman's words, his father talked to him. And now his position is involved in the picture. "But I can't just give up on the things that I've worked hard on in the past few years. And Heejin, I can't give her up."

Silence engulfed them for a while, with the older just staring in pity at the younger as he was practically trapped in his situation.

"If only I could convince my parents not to trust them. They just wanted the money to save their failing company. Who knows what they could do in the future if this marriage pulls through," Jungkook continued, running his fingers through his hair as he thought about it. "I don't want it. I don't want this."

"Maybe I can help," Namjoon spoke, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees. An idea came to him and he's hoping this could help the younger in the future.

"How?" Jungkook asked the older. "Can you prove that the Manobans won't bring anything good to us?"

Namjoon narrowed his eyes, deep in thought, before he shifted his gaze back on the younger. "Trust me, Jungkook."

~*~

"I quit."

There. Lisa has finally said it. The words that will end her treacherous acts. Was she firm with what she said? Kind of. Somehow, in the back of her mind, she's scared. But she knew she needed to stop this. As much as she wanted to help Mara now, she couldn't.

Not when she had committed a sin against her sister. One that half of her heart regretted doing, the part that is now swarmed with guilt, and one that her heart's other half will keep forever, all to herself. It was unforgivable, she knew, and her sister will hate her for it when she finds out. Even Jungkook will hate her too.