Treacherous 49

"L'amour est comme le vent, nous ne savons pas d'où il vient."

"Let's go home."

Chaeyoung said as soon as she had taken in every word that Lisa had managed to tell her. She stared at the brunette who was fiddling with her fingers, sniffs can be heard from her every now and then. When she found her near a park, she didn't ask anything at first, only pulled the brunette close and hugged her tightly.

"I'm here, let it all out," Chae whispered as soon as Lisa was safe in her arms. She wanted to ask what had happened to the girl so badly but at that moment, she wanted to let her calm down first.

As she believed, crying doesn't make one weak. Letting one's emotions pour at once doesn't make them weak.

The only downside would be the fact that there's a tendency that one's judgement would be clouded if the emotions are all over the place or when it becomes too much to handle. One cannot really be rational then. You tend to focus on the negativity around you and that could push you into doing something you would regret after.

And Lisa needed to calm down first before they talk about it. Never judge a person that was going through something like that and say something that will only make it worst and hurt them unintentionally when you cannot put yourself in their shoes and thoroughly understand the situation at hand.

She didn't talk to the girl about what happened until they got back to her new apartment. Good thing Jimin was gone when she asked him to leave. Was it easy to make the guy leave? Nope. Not without something in return that is. Gosh, that man.

"Do you... want to talk about it now? What happened?" Chaeyoung asked as she handed Lisa a glass of water. She had calmed down now, thankfully.

And so the girl told her about her talk with her mother.

And now she's angry. Heck, she wanted to go to LSA right now and slap the hell out of that woman! Not even a slap could suffice, she's ready to take her baseball bat with her and march towards that building. How could she do this to her best friend?! Seems like she's a devil that was sent from hell!

"Lisa, let's go back home," Chaeyoung repeated.

"I don't know, Chae..."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Chaeyoung let out in disbelief. She saw how Lisa looked away, therefore she tried to calm herself down too. Lashing out will not help. In a calmer voice, she added, "You said it yourself, Lis. You wanted to quit. Then quit and let's go back to France. The sooner you're away from your mother, the better. She has to stop manipulating you like this. It's not right."

"And I told you, she has a point too, Chae. As much as I don't want to admit it."

"Like what? Your sister's marriage? That it could be ruined because of you? It's already ruined from the beginning, Lis," Chaeyoung pointed out.

Lisa let out a deep breath, releasing some tension before sipping from her glass of water. She slowly shook her head.

"You don't think so? Oh yeah, I forgot you actually fixed it. He doesn't hate Mara anymore because of you," Chaeyoung sighed before she walked over to Lisa. She plopped down beside the girl and took the girl's hand in hers. Lisa looked at her. "But that isn't the point. You also need to remember that this could ruin you too. Stop this now."