Treacherous 23

"Un jour à se rappeler."

"Papa?" The man who was busy reading a document in his office looked up only to see one of his little girls by the door. She had fresh tears running down her eyes as she clutched her bunny plushie tightly to her chest.

A worried look immediately appeared on his face. "Lalisa? Darling, why are you crying? Come here."

The little girl ran to him and he put her on his lap. The girl immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face to his chest.

"What's wrong, little one?" He asked the girl, pulling away and wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"I had a bad dream." Lalisa whimpered.

"Oh my sweetheart, it's alright. I'm here now. It was just a dream. I'm here." The man cooed his daughter. He continued to whisper soothing words to her until she finally calmed down. "What was your dream about hmm?"

"There was a monster. I was playing with Sammy then the monster came. It tried to grab her but I push her away and then it tried to grab me. The monster chased me, papa. I was so frightened. I woke up crying and scared." The girl told her father about her nightmare.

"Sweetheart, don't be scared anymore alright? Papa's here now. The monster won't get you." He comforted. Lalisa faced her father and wiped her tears with both the back of her hands.

"Because papa is brave and my protector right papa?" She said as she looked up to her Father's eyes. The man chuckled before booping her nose, causing the girl to smile.

"Of course my sweetheart." He smiled before kissing her on the forehead. "But my Lali is brave too right?"

The little girl pouted before looking down. "Lali is a coward."

"What? I strongly disagree." Little Lalisa lifted her head back up upon hearing those words.

"But I am. I cannot fight the monster. I fear it." Lalisa muttered.

"No. My princess is brave. You just save your sister from the monster didn't you?" Her father told her. "Bravery isn't about having no fear darling. Fear will always be there in every individual. Fear is bravery. For fear is the reason why you have to be strong to protect the ones you love. For their sake."

The little girl blinked, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as she processed what her father just told her.

"I don't understand papa." Lalisa pouted, making her father laugh softly.

"It's alright. You'll understand what I said when you get older." Her father said.

"Really?" Lalisa uttered.

"Yes. Always remember what I said okay?" He said and Lalisa nodded her head.

"Okay, papa."

"Promise me something Lalisa." Her father spoke.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Promise me that no matter what situation you are put in, always remember everything I have told you." He said while caressing her cheek lovingly. "Always."

"Everything you have told me. I promise papa." Lalisa promised before wrapping her arms around her father's neck and hugged him. "I love you."

"I love you too my dear Lalisa."

"Everything you have told me..." Lisa whispered as she reminisced that night where she promised something to her father. The last time he gave her some wise words before she was sent away to France after what happened.